how does one get rid of bad cellulite on back of legs/*kitten*? h

Options
So, I know that basically to get rid of cellulite, you should cut out caffeine, nicotine, and drink plenty of water, and exercise.

I know that for a flat stomach, 90% is what you eat. Lean meats with good fats that HELP the body burn fat, and not the bad kinds of fat that the body holds on to. fresh Fruits and Vegetables, lentils, almonds, lots of water, lean cruelty free meats.

for both, its best to avoid processed foods.

But I'd love you guys to reply with the stuff I dont know!

does anyone have any better advice? any updated, or new breakthrough scientific evidence? I would love to know.

I just want to be able to wear a bikini this year, and feel truly good and comfortable.

I would love to get to the point where when im running on the treadmill, i dont feel the heavy weight of my body when my feet hit the treadmill as i jog, or excess fat hitting up and down as i jog. Its humiliating, but it motivates me a lot, and im very serious about trying to get in shape. ...but sometimes it depresses me, and then i get lazy and dont want to do anything, except eat. So ive been trying to change that, and literally using ALL of my will power to get up and just DO something.

<3 thanks so much to whoever replies, youre all the best and wish you all the luck in the world xxo

Replies

• honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it (cellulite problems) is genetic. I see people who look great, and then they turn around and there IT is.

I see people who are packing some poundage, and have smooth, lovely thighs. Go figure.

I am convinced - being on the genetically cursed side of this one - that it's better not to fight it. Do the best you can to eat right and exercise, moisturize and hydrate - it will be, what it will be.

As for the bikini thing - I am a realist, so I'm shopping for super cute board shorts and sandals for beachwear, and not worrying about bikinis. Well, bikini *bottoms* anyway. :bigsmile:
  • fromouterspace
    fromouterspace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    awesome, that's true and made me feel so much better <3

thank you xxo
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Proper squats (going all the way down, not just to the knees crap), one legged squats, lunges of all kinds (forwards, backwards, side to side, elevated), ninja jump tucks, low jacks.

And if you like taking classes, Hot hula is a GREAT class. I took that class once (Its hard to find in my area) and my legs were jello for a week.
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    What Sammykatt said and strength training. It brings the muscle to the top of your skin and hides the cellulite underneath
  • neesey918
    Options
    Yes, unfortunately it is genetic! :(
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Proper squats (going all the way down, not just to the knees crap), one legged squats, lunges of all kinds (forwards, backwards, side to side, elevated), ninja jump tucks, low jacks.

And if you like taking classes, Hot hula is a GREAT class. I took that class once (Its hard to find in my area) and my legs were jello for a week.

I just did leg workouts today, check out my diary under my notes! (it's public)
    lunges, abductions, leg curls, deadlifts, squats, step ups (with weights)...
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I use to have cellulite on the back of my legs and *kitten*...but it is hardly visible now do to exercise. Squats are good.
  • sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    This topic was just discussed on Dr. Oz last week. He showed 3 different creams that temporarily helps. I can't remember what they were but you could probably find it on his website maybe.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    IR sauna helps. You will have to stand/lay in front of the IR emitter, or look at those IR sauna tent-like things, but it does help.

So does skin brushing, which is cheaper. Do it daily. Every single day.
  • Pringlelady3
    Pringlelady3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I used Jillian Michaels killer buns and thighs, that seem to work.
  • fromouterspace
    fromouterspace Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to everyone for replying ^_____________^ <3

i will literally try all of these. i was body brushing for a while, and that did seem to help, but then i just stopped. i'll start again tomorrow for sure. haha. its worth the extra time and energy if it means diminishing hellulite.

<3
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It's mostly genetic. Very little of it is diet or within your control at all. Thin or fit does not necessarily mean cellulite-free. That's why you know big girls that have virtually NONE, and thin and/or fit girls who have quite a bit, and everything in between. Reducing body fat and strength training does seem to help a bit, but not much. I would say take care of your diet and exercise, and accept whatever you have "left over" once you are in maintenance. I have a friend who is SUPER obsessive about it, and also a friend that wears a bathing suit with total confidence, who could give a flying #$%^ what anyone else thinks of her. Both are healthy, beautiful women-the rest is all in our heads. Seriously. I strive to be as confident as that friend :)
  • figurekat
    figurekat Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's mostly genetic. Very little of it is diet or within your control at all. Thin or fit does not necessarily mean cellulite-free. That's why you know big girls that have virtually NONE, and thin and/or fit girls who have quite a bit, and everything in between. Reducing body fat and strength training does seem to help a bit, but not much. I would say take care of your diet and exercise, and accept whatever you have "left over" once you are in maintenance. I have a friend who is SUPER obsessive about it, and also a friend that wears a bathing suit with total confidence, who could give a flying #$%^ what anyone else thinks of her. Both are healthy, beautiful women-the rest is all in our heads. Seriously. I strive to be as confident as that friend :)

This. You can reduce overall bodyfat but targeting cellulite is near impossible. "creams" tend to have caffeine and similar agents to temporarily tighten the skin and diminish the look, but it's only temporary. Some of the most beautiful people in teh world have cellulite. Jamie Eason for example is very open about hers.