Looking for kick *kitten* work-out, hard core/edgy music

Options
kimber607
kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
Hi all

I've really been upping my work out intensity and want music that is harder/edgy
I don't complete dislike dance/brittney/kanye type music but prefer something a little 'harder' when I'm working out
Any suggestions?
I'm an 80's gal and my taste runs all over the place....from depeche/peter murphy/the origin to india arie/brandi carlisle/fiona apple

Right now I only have 3 songs on my work-out play list
seven mary three (cumbersome)
godsmack (whatever)
hoobastank (running away)

Thanks for any suggestions, Kim

Replies

• dskline1
    dskline1 Posts: 123
    Options
    LOL...I am an 80's gal as well....was an inch taller than too with the help of hairspray!!! Anyway, I enjoy all types of music, but when I work out hard, I usually enjoy LInkin Park or Nickelback...LP has the edgy darker lyrics and Nickelback has the great bass beat of the drums to keep me movin!! I find that I work with much higher intensity when listening to these two groups than any other so far....

Good Luck!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    for some grind it out cardio

Lucinda Williams can be a steady driving train'
    she makes me think of a chick on heroin but wants some love anyway
    some of it is kind of slower but if you listen to her words the time passes as you sweat it

Scud Mountain Boys for a good bit of country with a yankee city thing workin

R.E.M. can be good if the mood is there
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    for some grind it out cardio

Lucinda Williams can be a steady driving train'
    she makes me think of a chick on heroin but wants some love anyway
    some of it is kind of slower but if you listen to her words the time passes as you sweat it

Scud Mountain Boys for a good bit of country with a yankee city thing workin

R.E.M. can be good if the mood is there

Thanks Dave :wink:
    I was a big REM fan bag in the day, will need to check out your other suggestions
  • iWillnotQUIT
    Options
    HI! My ipod is filled with everything from Yanni for my yoga, to hard core dance techno for jumping rope... You might enjoy some of these.. ( OF COURSE IF YOU DONT HAVE THEM ALREADY! :)

Boston / Smokin
    Buckcherry / Lit Up & Dead Again
    Drowing Pools / Bodies
    Good Charlotte / Lifestyles of the Rich & the Famous
    Hole / Celebrity Skin
    Lincoln Park / Bleed it out
    Metallica / Sandman
    Nickleback / Gotta Be Somebody, Something in your mouth
    Ozzy/Crazy Train of course
    Sammy Hagar / The girl gets around
    Shinedown / Call Me - cool down / stretch song
    Three Days Grace / Animal I have become
    Van Halen / You really got me
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    LOL...I am an 80's gal as well....was an inch taller than too with the help of hairspray!!! Anyway, I enjoy all types of music, but when I work out hard, I usually enjoy LInkin Park or Nickelback...LP has the edgy darker lyrics and Nickelback has the great bass beat of the drums to keep me movin!! I find that I work with much higher intensity when listening to these two groups than any other so far....

Good Luck!!
    [/quote

I am an 80's gal too, but I loove working out to Linkin Park, they are motivating..I:smokin: :smokin:
    I have also found that the Killers and My Chemical Romance are pretty good as well. ]
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like Breaking Benjamin for working out to. Generally I prefer their first album (I think it's called Saturate), and their second one is good too (the one with So Cold on it). I like it because it's heavy enough with a good beat and great guitar, but it's not so screamy that you can't understand what they're saying most of the time and it's still kind of melodic.

Vanessa
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the first Red Jumpsuit Apparatus CD. Great beat, keeps ya moving, and there are a few ballads thrown in for a nice mix of recovery.

I also really like listening to Relient K - usually their MMHMMM CD.

Like other's have said - Linkin Park is a favorite of mine as well.

Some other bands to pick stuff from: All-American Rejects, Sublime, Ludo, Green Day, Blink 182, Hoobastank, and...yeah, that's about all I can think of right now. Hope that helps!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    AC/DC stuff gets me going. Tainted Love by Soft Cell