An Elliptical kicked my *kitten*

Options
So I've been walking for about 2 hours a day now for 2 months, yesterday it was raining and I was sad at the thought of missing my hour long evening walk. Hmmm I thought, maybe I'll go down the street and hop on mom's elliptical trainer!
So off I went happy as can be that I was going to try a new exercise, I got on figuring I'd do about half an hour or 45 minutes. 10 minutes in I thought I was going to die!!!! Seriously, I thought it was some horrible plot against my life! I made it 15 minutes before falling to the floor in pain, my butt hurts, my legs hurt....... I can't wait to go back and do it again tonight:happy:

Replies

• cellorocker
    cellorocker Posts: 290
    Options
    LOL, I love the elliptical! It's what I'm doing today.
  • SharonEllis51
    SharonEllis51 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing last night. Today my arms are killing me. I have an appointment at 5:00 today to have my second free session with a personal trainer! He is awesome. I wish I could keep him forever! I know your pain.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    How funny cuz thats what happened the first time I ever went on the Elliptical...I do have a question though. Whenever I am on the Elliptical my toes go numb. Does this happen to anyone else? Yesterday I was on it and after about 15-20 minutes they went numb and then shortly after that there was a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet. I have never had the burning sensation but the numbness always happens...guaranteed.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    How funny cuz thats what happened the first time I ever went on the Elliptical...I do have a question though. Whenever I am on the Elliptical my toes go numb. Does this happen to anyone else? Yesterday I was on it and after about 15-20 minutes they went numb and then shortly after that there was a burning sensation on the bottom of my feet. I have never had the burning sensation but the numbness always happens...guaranteed.
    my toes go numb on any exercise equipment, treadmill, elliptical, it's strange....
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    Options
    I used to have an elliptical before I moved into a smaller apartment and used it religiously. I plopped it right in front of the TV and would put a movie in. I wouldn't get off the thing until the movie was over. I highly recommend it to everyone, as long as your knees can handle it, because it can be rough on that general area.
  • denitchy
    denitchy Posts: 445
    Options

And here I thought I was the only one!! I wish I knew why this happens.....????? :huh:
  • Italian
    Italian Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i love the eliptical!!! i can go on it for an hour at a time!! lol. i love the way i feel the next morning after it!! :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My toes go numb on there too, and I'll usually get a cramp on one the sole of my right foot, towards the outside. :explode:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

And here I thought I was the only one!! I wish I knew why this happens.....????? :huh:

You're pinching a nerve somewhere. Make sure you have the right shoes, they're tied correctly for your exercise (yes it varies lol) and that your form is correct for the exercise you're doing.

If that doesn't work- see your doctor.
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My toes go numb too, so you're not weird :laugh: It's just the constant pressure on the blood vessels and nerves in the ball of your foot. Nothing to be too conserned about :wink:
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    i love the eliptical!!! i can go on it for an hour at a time!! lol. i love the way i feel the next morning after it!! :)

My goal is to get up to 45 minutes, I think it may take a whiel!
  • kalico64s
    kalico64s Posts: 2
    Options
    Lol Good job!! I like your attitude! The elliptical is a great workout especially when you increase the incline! Keep up the good work!
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    Lol Good job!! I like your attitude! The elliptical is a great workout especially when you increase the incline! Keep up the good work!
    Incline???? Lord I could barely figure out how to turn the thing on, my mom has one of the crazy snazy nordac track ones!
  • nebulas
    nebulas Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i too love the elliptical. it's great and is known to be one of the better work outs. It is also extremely low impact which is great for ppl like me!
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah Ive had the same experience!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The elliptical is my favourite. I can do up to an hour on it now but I am very sweaty after. My toes go numb too. Glad it's not just me!
  • Daisy_May
    Options
    The elliptical is my favourite. I can do up to an hour on it now but I am very sweaty after. My toes go numb too. Glad it's not just me!

How long did it take you to get up to an hour?
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    my toes go numb on any exercise equipment, treadmill, elliptical, it's strange....

Mine ALWAYS go numb on the elliptical! Why? One of natures mystries I guess
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok now I don't feel like such a weirdo...I totally thought it was just me. A co-worker suggested that I talk to a trainer and see what they recommend. I think I may do that and go from there. When I go on the cross Ramp it doesn't do it so I was completely baffled. Thanks everyone.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options

How long did it take you to get up to an hour?

I started at the beginning of April on the elliptical. It took over a month before I was up to the hour