Now accepting applications

Options
spade117
spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
Since having more of a news feed helps pass the time while I am at work, I am currently accepting friend requests. Some disclaimers:

- Friends of current friends are preferred (we are more likely to get along)
- I can be rude, selfish, conceited and flirtatious at times
- I am not here to cheer you on
- Must have great sense of humor (or be a good looking/hot woman)

If interested, send a message with request...or don't, it just helps sometimes so it is preferred.

Any questions?

Replies

• ChcolateLady11
    Options
    No. LOL!
  • kungfugirlrox
    kungfugirlrox Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    LMAO!
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    maybe if you had a better picture! :P
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options
    Application submitted. Hoping for approval!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    So I kinda want to know how many requests you get from this. Just to ponder the social theory behind it.
  • spade117
    Options
    maybe if you had a better picture! :P

I happen to be fond of it.
  • samra2012
    samra2012 Posts: 715
    Options
    :drinker: its a nice pic.... :laugh:
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Seems like you think people should be honored to have their request accepted by you. I'll pass!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    What makes you soo friggin special?
  • blackmagic10
    blackmagic10 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    add me
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Seems like you think people should be honored to have their request accepted by you. I'll pass!

****, I'd be honored. Sending FR with fingers crossed!
  • spade117
    Options

From OP:
    conceited
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Since having more of a news feed helps pass the time while I am at work, I am currently accepting friend requests. Some disclaimers:

- Friends of current friends are preferred (we are more likely to get along)
    - I can be rude, selfish, conceited and flirtatious at times
    - I am not here to cheer you on
    - Must have great sense of humor (or be a good looking/hot woman)

If interested, send a message with request...or don't, it just helps sometimes so it is preferred.

Any questions?

I would to apply but i dont know if i fit the requirements.
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Genius. :laugh:

If you're not in marketing/PR of some sort - you bloody well should be!

:drinker:
  • spade117
    Options

Where would you be in life if you didn't take chances?
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Sissy4EverX3 Posts: 247
    Options

Hence the reason I did it. :drinker:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    How much does this job pay? Does it have benefits? What about vacation? Group health plan? 401 K ?
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    Name: Val Caspian (formerly Val Carpethious)
    Age: Unknown (She stopped keeping track after her parent’s death. Having inherited her father’s immortality, her aging process stopped once she reached physical maturity.)
    Birthplace: The Sage Village
    Race: Dhampir (Vampire and human.)
    Sex: Female
    Sexuality: Straight
    Parents: Deceased - William and Beth Carpethious
    Adoptive Parents: Judas and Cynder Caspian

Physical Description: Flawless, pale, skin. Dark hair, silver eyes, has fine features and seems almost frail. Slender body, stands at 5’1” and appears to be about 17. Always carries a weapon of some kind and is skilled in using them.

Personality:
    - Loner. Val prefers to watch and observe large groups of people from a distance rather than socialize with them. She comes across as rude unintentionally...or sometimes it is intentional if she doesn’t feel like talking at the moment.
    - Sarcastic, Intelligent, Curious
    - Mistrusting, because of the betrayal that resulted in the loss of her village and father; loyal to those she does trust.
    - Friendly, once you get to know her

- Learning and reading, Watching people, being sneaky
    - Spending time with Jude and Cyn...and Ben (Her dog)
    - Giving Quoth a hard time, snow, cookies

Dislikes:
    - People with big ego’s, being underestimated, whiney people, crowds

Vampire Traits:
    - Speed, strength and gets the occasional blood craving.

Human Traits:
    - Sleep (Val can go 4 days without sleep), food (She eats food more than blood)
    - She can be wounded and heals at the same rate as a human.

Other abilities: Telepathy

Her story:

The Sage Village
    The Sage Village was a unique community, to an outsider the inhabitants appeared no more than ordinary individuals, but to those who lived within it was a unique society where extraordinary people and creatures dwelled. It was a deep valley, hidden away within snowcapped mountains and miles away from other civilization. The residents preferred it and made sure it stayed that way too. Why? Because within the population of only 243 people 78 of them were vampires, 37 of them who had married another vampire, and 27 who married a human; some of these vampires and human marriages had children of their own. These children were a mixed breed of half human and half vampire, the title given to them was dhampir. Altogether there were 16 dhampir that dwelled within Sage Village. One of them was Val.

Val’s father, Will Carpethious, was a vampire who made his living as a medicinal chemist. He shared this job with one vampire and two humans who lived in the village. Together they developed many medicinal breakthroughs that helped with healing and managing all sorts of viruses and allergies. Will always dreamt of bigger and better possibilities for developing new medicines.
    • William Carpethious (Father – Deceased)
    - Species: Vampire
    - Chemist in Medicinal Chemistry: The science involved with designing, synthesizing and developing pharmaceutical drugs. Medicinal chemistry involves the identification, synthesis and development of new chemical entities suitable for therapeutic use. It also includes the study of existing drugs, their biological properties, and their quantitative structure-activity relationships.

Val’s mother, Beth Carpethious, was human and she had a passion for the study of Horology. With this passion she took on the job of being a Horologist. In other villages and cities the status of a women having a job or even attempting such a study would have been looked down upon during those times, but in Sage Village it was received well. With such a diverse population already there was little reason for disagreement in what occupation people took up. So, Beth became a master craftsmen of clocks of all sorts and immersed in the study.
    • Beth Carpethious (Mother – Deceased)
    - Species: Human
    - Horologist (Horology): The art or science of measuring time. Clocks, watches, clockwork, sundials, clepsydras, timers, time recorders and marine chronometers are all examples of instruments used to measure time. People interested in horology are called horologists. That term is used both by people who deal professionally with timekeeping apparatus (watchmakers, clockmakers), as well as aficionados and scholars of horology.

Some of Val’s fondest memories are of watching her mother and father excel and work in their trades. It was only natural that she picked up studies of her own to excel at. Val began to study in the subject of different species and parapsychology.
    - Parapsychology: Discipline that seeks to investigate the existence and causes and conditions of psychic abilities, near-death experiences, out-of-the-body experiences, crisis apparitions, retro-cognitions, reincarnation memories, regression memories, prophecy, ghosts and life after death.

The Tragedy
    The vampires and dhampir were already strong and agile individuals, and with Sage Village being almost impossible to get to, without the strength, knowledge, or agility, an average human couldn’t get there. Though even with these characteristics nothing could have prepared them for the deadly plague that infected their homes.

Over half the village became infected with this lethal flu and it killed up to 98 of its citizens; all of them were human. With less than 150 of their inhabitants left, the pressure built for Val’s father to find a cure to end it. The small team of four chemists worked day and night for hours on end to find a solution. Unfortunately, Val’s mother became ill before a cure was developed. With her father desperate and working none stop to save her, Val took care of her mother during her last few days. When she passed on Val’s father almost gave up hope trying, but with encouragement from Val, the other chemists, and the pleading cry’s from their closest friends, he carried on.

Val felt useless doing nothing, she wanted to help. So, she did everything she could assisting in and out of the lab. When she wasn’t in the lab she was researching. One night for hours she researched different cures that had been developed to end this reoccurring disease but failed. One that stood out was the use of vampire’s blood. Many years ago a group of scientists were able to capture a few vampires to experiment on; they accomplished this by keeping them bound with silver. What they discovered was that the vampire’s blood was able to heal, but the effects were that the person became a vampire. The discovery and production was put to a halt for fears of the increase in vampire population. Val wondered though…curious as she was. If possibly a dhampir’s blood would have the right balance for the disease and humans, because a dhampir was half human. Val immediately informed her father of this new concept. Thankfully, being as curious as Val was, he began to analyze the different possibilities. First, they took some of Val’s blood and injected one of the infected victims. Luckily, the person did heal, but developed some characteristics that vampires carry. Second, they tried a mixture of dhampir’s blood with human’s blood, but nothing happened or the stray vampire characteristic came through. Thirdly, they mixed human, Dhampir, and vampire’s blood together. The result was just the right balance. The four chemists at once began giving the antidote, careful not to let anyone know what the combination was. As long as they had a cure….that’s all that mattered. In case the plague ever occurred again the 14 families who had dhampir children, one human parent, and one vampire parent, were told in secret the requirements to create the antidote.

Betrayal was in formation though. One of the human chemists took the vials of the dhampir blood and began selling it to humans willing to pay; with the dhampir blood only giving certain characteristics of vampires, people felt more comfortable. The chemist continued this deception for two years, but eventually he ran out, and knew if he didn’t acquire more the outrage of his consumers would cause him harm.

Poor guy, torn between life or death and the care that still lingered for the others in the Sage Village. Though he knew he couldn’t tell them what he’d done, and that he couldn’t just ask one of the dhampir children to give him blood because then they would know. So, he went to someone he could trust and maybe persuade, Val’s father Will. One night he went to their house to confide in them, but it was too late. The humans with dhampir blood still in their systems grew impatient, and they ambushed the village.

Fire rained down into the valley as they launched fire balls against it. As chaos broke out Val’s father’s first instinct was to get her to safety, before the influenced humans came down into the village. Knowing they were after the dhampir children, he acted as quickly and as cautiously as he could. Val was already asleep, and he knew she wouldn’t just leave without him. So, he sedated her and began to carry her out of the village somewhere safe. Along the way though a group of humans blocked his way, so he hid Val in a vacant cave, the hardest thing he ever did was leave her. But he knew she was strong and that if she was anything like him and her mother, she would be alright. So, he gently kissed her on the forehead and departed, running off into the woods to lead the humans away and sacrificed his own life.

The next morning Val awoke to find a village full of corpses. The other dhampir children were gone and the village was burnt and charred to nothing, along with its citizens….she was alone. There was nothing left, except to bury the remaining bodies and leave it all behind. The devastation was overwhelming, but Val concluded that if it was her father’s wish for her to live, then she would in his honor. So, at the age of fourteen she set out to make a new life….hopefully.
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    I will wait with bated breath to see if I meet your approval as soon as I can find the FR button! Still looking........................................................................................... *sigh.
  • Julz2586
    Julz2586 Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

sent and waiting :P