Ladies w/high testosterone levels, have a question...

Options
Ok, I went to the dr last week to get all my tests done and they all came back normal except my testosterone levels were high, which is common with someone with PCOS. I am lucky that this doesn't negatively effect me much, I don't have alot of symptoms other women do( Though this is something that makes fertility an issue :( ), but my sex drive is through the roof!! I feel like a guy sometimes, there are days when I am "hot" all day, at first I thought there was something wrong with me, like who could want it that much but then I asked my Dr if this was possibly the cause of such an elevated sex drive and he said absolutely!

Though I definitely do not have an issue with this, have any of you other ladies with high levels experience this? When I was told of all the side effect of elevated levels, I feel like I lucked out and have this one over alot of the others! How can I complain!! lol

Just wanted to see that I am not the only one out there, hopefully there are more of us lol

ETA : sorry if this was posted in the wrong place, I just figured sex is a form of exercise, so thought it would be ok here :)

Replies

• ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I just want to know where I can get some oft his testosterone you speak of...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I have high testosterone. Not from PCOS, but from compound lifting with heavy weights. My sex drive is through the roof and being single is dangerous for any guy I manage to get alone.

ETA: I find if I "take care of things" first thing in the morning, even if it is solo, I can function better the rest of the day.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I, just like you have PCOS, and if im not on birth control to help even me out, i literally feel like someone should shoot me with an animal tranquilizer dart to put me out of my mind, because my sex drive is so bad. Nothing helps and even worst, my husband is on deployment. (thank god he just left from 2 weeks leave, whew!) My best advice, even though i hate it is birth control, it evens me out for sure.
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I, just like you have PCOS, and if im not on birth control to help even me out, i literally feel like someone should shoot me with an animal tranquilizer dart to put me out of my mind, because my sex drive is so bad. Nothing helps and even worst, my husband is on deployment. (thank god he just left from 2 weeks leave, whew!) My best advice, even though i hate it is birth control, it evens me out for sure.

Oh i feel for u!! Prob so hard with your hunny gone! Im already on the pill, which kinda scares me that it can get even worse lol
  • faithchange
    faithchange Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    OK. Yep PCOS here. When I had my levels run...years ago...it did show elevated testosterone...which explain the hair effects on my chins, and other areas as your probably aware that people with PCOS can get them.

I don't get "HOT", but cold...at times because of my thyroid issues.

The main fertility issues I faced in my own life was really getting pregnant, it took me and hubby two months after getting married. Once pregnant though I have a HUGE RISK of MISCARRIAGES...I suffered three pre- daughter. Many people just think its a "getting pregnant" issue and sorry to say it's not...progesterone levels get really mixed up and drop fast before one even knows through a home pregnancy test they're even pregnant. I had to stay on Metfomin first trimester (and gals Met. is truly a great med for this and PCOS)...and I was given synthetic progesterone to help sustain both pregnancies I did end up having successfully.

Sorry..I went rambling on. LOL! BTW....I'm the opposite don't want sex much anymore..but I'm almost 40...LOL! HAHAHA. Could be an age thing?
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    I have high testosterone. Not from PCOS, but from compound lifting with heavy weights. My sex drive is through the roof and being single is dangerous for any guy I manage to get alone.

ETA: I find if I "take care of things" first thing in the morning, even if it is solo, I can function better the rest of the day.

Oh i completely agree! Being single takes ALOT of self control!! Lol i kinda get hit by it at all different times of the day, that switch can be flipped like nothing! I have my boytoy who thoroughly enjoys it, but i can outlast him even! I felt like a freak until my dr told me it was common, so nice to see im not the only one lol
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

Oh i completely agree! Being single takes ALOT of self control!! Lol i kinda get hit by it at all different times of the day, that switch can be flipped like nothing! I have my boytoy who thoroughly enjoys it, but i can outlast him even! I felt like a freak until my dr told me it was common, so nice to see im not the only one lol

My friend is in his mid 30's and so is his girlfriend. He complains that she is at her sexual peak and constantly demands sex. I cried thinking it will get worse over the next seven or so years.
  • lisamarie2181
    Options

My friend is in his mid 30's and so is his girlfriend. He complains that she is at her sexual peak and constantly demands sex. I cried thinking it will get worse over the next seven or so years.

Ugh i just turned 31, i forgot this is the when women hit their peak, so im sure that is not helping lol my dr said there isnt much of anything they can do but give me some kind of drug, but i would rather not do that. My only worry is when i meet my future husband and time for baby comes and having issues. And i just started heavy lifting, i might be in trouble!! Lol
  • lisamarie2181
    Options
    OK. Yep PCOS here. When I had my levels run...years ago...it did show elevated testosterone...which explain the hair effects on my chins, and other areas as your probably aware that people with PCOS can get them.

I don't get "HOT", but cold...at times because of my thyroid issues.

The main fertility issues I faced in my own life was really getting pregnant, it took me and hubby two months after getting married. Once pregnant though I have a HUGE RISK of MISCARRIAGES...I suffered three pre- daughter. Many people just think its a "getting pregnant" issue and sorry to say it's not...progesterone levels get really mixed up and drop fast before one even knows through a home pregnancy test they're even pregnant. I had to stay on Metfomin first trimester (and gals Met. is truly a great med for this and PCOS)...and I was given synthetic progesterone to help sustain both pregnancies I did end up having successfully.

Sorry..I went rambling on. LOL! BTW....I'm the opposite don't want sex much anymore..but I'm almost 40...LOL! HAHAHA. Could be an age thing?

Not rambling at all michelle, i love having your input! I wonder if age is a factor, i have had this high sex drive since i was younger, i thought it would cool off a bit but ive found that it has gotten intensified the older ive gotten!! Im gonna make some man very happy one day haha
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options

:noway: It can get worst!??!?! Oh dear god.. just shoot me!
  • Leeny01
    Leeny01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One thing to mention, I've heard many times and have done research to find that cutting out dairy supposedly really lowers testosterone. Just a thought. I have high levels also and I can relate to all the sentiments on here! In some ways it feels like a blessing and in other ways it's def. a curse! x
  • scarletgenesis
    Options
    I have PCOS and yes, about twice a month especially, I am almost climbing the walls and pacing because it's so great! Husband isn't interested (in me, because of my weight) so its incredibly frustrating.

I think it's fairly common in women with higher testosterone for whatever reason. If he was interested, it would be the only GOOD thing about PCOS!