KISS-*kitten* HEALTHY MEAL

Options
tanyewest
tanyewest Posts: 113
Hi MFP's,
Right, I am cooking dinner for my boyfriend next Saturday or Sunday night as I am spending Easter Weekend with him and we have the house to ourselves.

He did want me to cook Chicken in Parma Ham, Stuffed with Cheese - IF I cook this what do I make it with? I've been told Asparagus is good with it but what else?

I also wanted suggestions on other healthier meals I could maybe cook instead. Quite tasty and inventive, but bear in mind I only eat chicken, ham or fish. NO RED MEAT!

Thank you so much!!
T :flowerforyou: xxx

Replies

• butterfly25
    butterfly25 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
  • KGoodyer
    KGoodyer Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

I do a meal that i saw off the telly and its delicious. Slice into an uncooked chicken breast so that you can put philadelphia low fat soft cheese into it (either garlic and herbs or spring onion and black pepper). Dont slice it totally so that you have two pieces, do it so that you almost have an attached lid.
    Then wrap parma ham round it, use two slices and cook for about 20-25 mins. I have this with large musrooms, broccoli and other veg but you could add new potatoes, sweetcorn or even rice. I did it for my boyfriend and he was most impressed and its still healthy. Good luck
    K
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Broiled tomatoes with brushed with olive oil infused with garlic and parmesean cheese
    Roasted brussel sprouts with olive oil, garlic, crushed red peppers and almonds (recipe courtsey of Sara)
    Steamed asparagus with dijon vinegarette and cheese
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You could do that Philadelphia advert...chicken breast stuffed with light philadelphia (you can get philadelphia with chives in and herbs if you want) and wrap that in parma ham bake in oven for 20 - 25 mins, serve with grilled or steamed asaparagus and new potatoes, yum yum! Bet there's loads of receipes on Philadelphia website actually :laugh: .

Or try looking on here, it's where I go when I want some inspiration and you can choose calorie range, main meal main ingredient etc! It's brill www.bbcgoodfood.co.uk

:flowerforyou: x
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I do a meal that i saw off the telly and its delicious. Slice into an uncooked chicken breast so that you can put philadelphia low fat soft cheese into it (either garlic and herbs or spring onion and black pepper). Dont slice it totally so that you have two pieces, do it so that you almost have an attached lid.
    Then wrap parma ham round it, use two slices and cook for about 20-25 mins. I have this with large musrooms, broccoli and other veg but you could add new potatoes, sweetcorn or even rice. I did it for my boyfriend and he was most impressed and its still healthy. Good luck
    K
    Haha I only just read this! Oops! Haha
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone -making me hungry just thinking about all this :)

I think Chicken in Parma Ham seems like the way to go, plus my boyfriend will be really disappointed if I don't cook him the meal he has been bugging me for, for months!!

Enjoy the rest of your day MFP's :happy:
    T xx