Fat *kitten* & cankles!

Options
Hi All

I've been a member of my fitness pal since january... new years resolution and had been using the app on my i-phone. i lost half a stone but am back up. I am getting married in March next year and my problen area is my bottom half! Its like someone mismatched me cos my top half in fine but i have chunky thighs and cankles!

Has anyone got any tips for this problem area and bare in mind i have plenty of time to get rid.

I am realistically aimiing to lose 21 pounds but would love to lose 28

thx

Joy

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I have cankles too (along with giant sized calves). They depress me to no end come summer dress season because the only time I dare ware a dress is when I can wear massive heels or boots with it. Unfortunately, all of my research tells me that cankles are mostly due to genetics and individual muscular/bone/fat structure and they can be especially "resistant" to diet and exercise. ARGH! So, I'm going to keep slimming down and if the legs don't eventually follow the rest of my body's lead, I swear I am going to have lower-leg lipo some day!

Sorry I can't offer any help. I can only commiserate.
  • dac60
    dac60 Posts: 22
    Options
    hi joy, yes ive been dieting since feb and i had 4 weeks of gong up 4 to to 6 oz. instead of coming down..every week i was so aggrivated....i started drinking more water and started geting b12 shots and i really think that boosted my metabolism. and energy now im seeing 4 to 6 0z a day come off...but drink more water and u may need more calories if your exercizing....add me if u like, id like to pray and root ya on..God Bless..Daconda
  • freezer
    freezer Posts: 2
    Options
    focus on exercises that are going to utilize the gluts, thighs and calves: hiking, running, cycling for cardio. calf raises, lunges and squats for strength... after a few weeks you'll notice the muscle definition will give you motivation to keep these muscles toned!
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im the same. my bottom half is HUGE. ive lost 39 pounds so far but my jeans feel baggy but they dont fall off as much i would like them to. i think the best way to get rid of them is by losing as much as you can on your legs. i have been on the exercise bike like crazy recently hopefully it will start making my legs a prettier site to see.
  • monkandmonkster
    Options
    I would recommend leg exercises mainly (lunges, squats preferably with weights) The thigh-muscles are the biggest muscles in the body so by exercising them you'll get the maximum calorie-burn. My best friend is a body pump teacher and I go to her classes regularly. I used to be a size 12-14 (UK) now I am a light 10, hopefully on the way to be an 8 soon. These exercises do wonders to your bottom area. I am a curvy girl too, if I put weight on is always on my thighs, and bottom. Since I've been doing the class I can feel a firmer buttocks and people even noticed it!!! :-)
  • joy353
    joy353 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks a million for all your comments. I went for a walk at lunch (desk job) and i feel better for it have started yoga in the last 2 weeks and am feeling the burn in my *kitten* cheecks today. so i'm gonna try to keep focused and hopefull i'll be back on in a few weeks with good news.

Now has anyone advise on how to grow taller! :)