Polar FT7 - Men's vs. Women's ?

Options
How much of a difference (if any) is there between the Polar FT7 men's and women's models? I'm looking for a deal and I'm finding some decent prices, but they're for the FT7M, which is the black/silver men's model. Does it matter?

Replies

• klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm a chic and I use the men's. I liked the black and silver better than the other colors. From what I can tell, the watch size/band is a bit bigger and that is the main difference.
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, the watch size/band is a bit bigger and that is the main difference.

Think that is the only difference i.e. a narrower strap.
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. I have a Polar FT40 men's version (it was cheaper on eBay than women's haha) It's slightly bigger, but nothing wacky, and plenty of holes in the watch strap, it would never be a problem. Also, all the Polar's you can set the gender on, regardless of what "model" it is. GO FOR IT! I saved a bunch of money doing it years ago
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. I have a Polar FT40 men's version (it was cheaper on eBay than women's haha) It's slightly bigger, but nothing wacky, and plenty of holes in the watch strap, it would never be a problem. Also, all the Polar's you can set the gender on, regardless of what "model" it is. GO FOR IT! I saved a bunch of money doing it years ago

My wife has the women's one, I have the man's

Only difference is the strap and colour

We tried using each others one day with bad results.

When my wife started lifting it laughed at the tiny weights, then it made a smart as5 comment, then started telling her what to do in a patronising way. Finally it led her to the Zumba class to lear at the girls through the window.

Didn't work out better for me either. It made me gossip during my weight training instead of lifting, told me to flutter my eyelashes and go and ask the muscley guys for advice even though I didn't need it, then led me to the dance studio to do 3 hours of yoga
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    My wife has the women's one, I have the man's

Only difference is the strap and colour

We tried using each others one day with bad results.

When my wife started lifting it laughed at the tiny weights, then it made a smart as5 comment, then started telling her what to do in a patronising way. Finally it led her to the Zumba class to lear at the girls through the window.

Didn't work out better for me either. It made me gossip during my weight training instead of lifting, told me to flutter my eyelashes and go and ask the muscley guys for advice even though I didn't need it, then led me to the dance studio to do 3 hours of yoga

HAHAHA Thanks! :laugh:
  • EddieEHitler
    EddieEHitler Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing the FT7 black and red version right now as it happens and even though the strap is technically bigger there's countless links on it to fit any size of wrist. It will definitely fit unless you have finger-sized wrists. Lookwise it is quite neutral. It wouldn't look out of place on a female that's for sure!
  • tsugi10
    tsugi10 Posts: 1
    Options
    New to the HRM world. Looking at the Polar ft7 but would like to know if both my husband and I can use it. Is it difficult to reprogram our weight each time? Or are we simply better off with two of them?
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    New to the HRM world. Looking at the Polar ft7 but would like to know if both my husband and I can use it. Is it difficult to reprogram our weight each time? Or are we simply better off with two of them?

it's not hard to reprogram but you also have to remember you have to readjust the chest strap unless you are the same size and or have two. (I have two straps)

i would just say buy two or better yet buy a garmin forrunner 110 with HRM. much better product.