Overheard in a drug store....

Options
So this morning I stopped by my local drugstore. In front of me were 2 ladies talking. 1 of them was slim and the other lady must have been over 250 lbs. The slender lady made a comment about the face creams on special and the larger lady came back with this gem, spoken in absolute seriousness: 'well when a women is over 40, she has to make a choice between her face and her body - only one of them can look good. That's why you'll never see me eating rabbit food!'

:noway:

I chuckled to myself - she chooses to be morbidly obese so she has less wrinkles. That is true commitment to her cause! Made me run home and stick in my Jillian Michaels DVD! :laugh:

Replies

• DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    Ouch... I feel bad for both of them. I have no right to talk about aging (being only 21) but health shows through at every age, it just looks different at every age and no amount of creams (or "rabbit food" diets) will help if you aren't willing to do the work. =P
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather be fit.....
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Gotta say, my face is MUCH more wrinkly since I lost all my weight. So she's right in a way.

Bugdoodle crazy, but right.
  • Cameo530
    Cameo530 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    If she were to spend any time looking at the Before and After pictures posted on this site, she'd see that her theory is pure garbage, since almost everyone looks younger in their "After" pictures. I aspire to looking younger through good health!
  • gogonunubean
    gogonunubean Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    If she were to spend any time looking at the Before and After pictures posted on this site, she'd see that her theory is pure garbage, since almost everyone looks younger in their "After" pictures. I aspire to looking younger through good health!

Oh yes, isn't this the truth!

My grandpa once told me very very overweight aunt that her face looked like 2 dead flies on a loaf of bread. He wasn't known for his tact! :laugh: When she slimmed down, her face was beautiful - that healthy glow really shines though, wrinkles or not!
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    getting old sucks
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I'll take my chances with being fit, thanks. I'd rather live longer and have to complain about the wrinkles!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Oh my... it's sad when people give up and tell themselves crazy things like that to "justify" it.
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That's a shame :ohwell:

I'm going to be 23, so I'm getting in shape now, and moisturizing, drinking plenty of water, and eating healthy so I can have both when I'm older. But, honestly, I don't care if I get wrinkles. I mean, come on! Laugh lines? Crow's feet? I think they're adorable.
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Oh my... it's sad when people give up and tell themselves crazy things like that to "justify" it.

This!!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I don't take issue with people making jokes at their own expense, laughter will keep us young when our wrinkles tell us were old.
  • erinup
    erinup Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    To paraphrase Catherine Deneuve - when one gets to a certain age one must choose the fanny or the face.

I hope that isn't true, but I will choose fanny thank you!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Botox isn't that expensive. For a while (until late 50's) we can have it all if we plan correctly.