I need major help with my caloric needs.

Options
Hey guys,
I need help, I've Been trying to lose weight and found out to lose the amount of weight I wish to I have to eat 1200 calories a day.
It sounds pretty simple, but for me its turning into a challange.
I have eaten about 600-1000 calories a day in the previous 5 days, and no matter what I do I can't get into the 1200 calorie budget.
My breakfast consist of lactose free 2%milk with half a cup of of halved strawberries and ten fiber one cereal.
My snacks consist of fruit, 100 calorie snacks, and healthy Popsicles and or vegetables.
Sometimes even coffee or tea.
My lunch includes chicken or some type of lean meat or poultry, with a portion of vegetables and some wheat type of food, such as a slice of weight watcher bread, or a little bit of angel wheat spaghetti.
My dinner then consists of soup, or salad, or leftovers from lunch. Sometimes I even eat more chicken, or an eg omelette.

Reguardless of what I add though, I still am under the 1200 calorie budget.

I work out about 3-5 times a week by running or going mountain bike riding or hiking. I try to eat more those days too but, it comes to me as difficult.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• BeantownSooner
    Options
    Take a slice of whole wheat bread or perhaps even two (~100 calories each)
    Get some all natural peanut butter. Don't worry about that fat as it's good fat. Use 2 Tbsp which is the usual recommended serving (~180 calories)
    Get some all natural fruit preserves such as Polander's. Use 2 Tbsp which is the usual recommended serving (~60 calories)

If you use 2 slices that sandwich is 480 calories and everything about it is good for you!

Or

Get some plain nuts (unsalted). Almonds, cashews, Walnuts. Each have ~160-180 calories for 1/4c.
  • iskinnyfast
    Options
    Take a slice of whole wheat bread or perhaps even two (~100 calories each)
    Get some all natural peanut butter. Don't worry about that fat as it's good fat. Use 2 Tbsp which is the usual recommended serving (~180 calories)
    Get some all natural fruit preserves such as Polander's. Use 2 Tbsp which is the usual recommended serving (~60 calories)

If you use 2 slices that sandwich is 480 calories and everything about it is good for you!

Or

Get some plain nuts (unsalted). Almonds, cashews, Walnuts. Each have ~160-180 calories for 1/4c.

Thanks! I'll try to do that, but does the weight watchers bread work? It's forty calories per slice, or should I just eat the normal whole wheat bread?
  • BeantownSooner
    Options
    Yes, absolutely and you'll get another 250 calories or so even if you continue to use the WW bread. In your case though since you're having trouble getting in the calories you might want to think about the "full" versions of things when you can. You're eating the same size thing but just more calories. The nuts, nut butters and good oils (such as olive, canola, coconut and sesame) need to be your friend in your situation.
  • xxcandywrathxx
    xxcandywrathxx Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    have some peanut butter, that stuff i loaded with calories like you wouldn't believe!!