life's too short to...

Options
Recently I was out with a group celebrating a friend's 40th birthday. I declined a drink saying I didn't have enough calories left in the day for anything. The response? "Life's too short to worry about that, come on have a drink." My response? Without skipping a beat, I said, "Life's too short to continue living it overweight and depressed."

Replies

• fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Right on!

However, when I know I'm going out, I make room for at least ONE drink :laugh:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I would agree with your friend but slightly rephrase the wording. Life is too short to worry TOO MUCH! Live your life, while being CONSCIOUS of your choices. Have a drink with friends. Because life is too short to live UNHAPPILY. But if you are unhappy drinking with your friends, by all means, don't.
  • kerchki
    kerchki Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but I would agree with your friend but slightly rephrase the wording. Life is too short to worry TOO MUCH! Live your life, while being CONSCIOUS of your choices. Have a drink with friends. Because life is too short to live UNHAPPILY. But if you are unhappy drinking with your friends, by all means, don't.

For me, it wasn't an issue of having fun, I can have fun without the alcohol. I had a great night. It's an issue of calories and trying to make healthy choices, which that day I didn't leave any for drinks. I've just found that in the past, there was always a reason to make an exception, a party, a holiday, a special lunch, a birthday... and 39 years of making exceptions have left me very overweight. So now, I try to stay within my allowed calories everyday, and plan for when I don't.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Excellent response! It's not that I disagree with what they said, but you'd already made your decision. No need to push!! Good for you!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Great response!

Love your profile pic by the way! Where did you do Dirty Girl? (I'm doing my second in a few weeks in Wisconsin)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't share my calorie counting with anyone. Wouldn't have happened if you just said "no thanks". Everyone has an opinion on weight loss.
  • kerchki
    kerchki Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I did it in Scranton, PA. We had so much fun!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you :drinker:

Congrats on the weight loss !