One year...almost to the minute

Options
JStarnes
JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
Wow - just dawned on me that in about 20 minutes I will have been on this weight loss journey for 1 year. I know the minute because my daughter was born 12/22/08 at 4:20pm. I didn't breastfeed so I was cleared to start losing right away. I lost 18lbs while I was pregnant with her, so when you add that with the 55 i've lost since this day last year, I've lost a total of 73 pounds! I can't believe how quick this year has gone - I feel like a new person inside & out. I've been through a lot this year & am thankful I was able to stay the course & continue losing weight. Thanks to all who have been supportive & enjoyed this roller coaster weightloss ride with me - it's been an awesome year!! I love all of my MFP friends - you guys rock! :flowerforyou:

:smile: Now on to the final stretch...19lbs to go!

Replies

• Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    great job...you look awesome
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congrats, keep up the great work :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the awesome job you've done! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter! :flowerforyou:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options

HAHA your picture is hilarious!... I love the snl skit!

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Good foir you!!! Congrats!!! And happy birthday to lil mama's!!!
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    J -- it is really freaky the amount of stuff we have in common........:noway:

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday...she is turning 10 today!!

Congrats on your journey! You look amazing and Happy Birthday to your little one! :heart:
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration!!
  • Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options

HAHA your picture is hilarious!... I love the snl skit!

man we lost it today forever joking about my avatar...
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great work! Happy bday to your daughter!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks everyone!!

Erin - it is starting to get a bit freaky what we have in common. Guess we were meant to be twins. :tongue:
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks everyone!!

Erin - it is starting to get a bit freaky what we have in common. Guess we were meant to be twins. :tongue:

Must be fate. :laugh:
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great job. I have also been on this journey for 1 year and this time I will keep it off. I have changed my way of eating and have done this 58 pounds slowly and wtih excersize. I am pretty proud of myself yet I still look in the mirror wanting my hip area to evaporate. It's the "look" that is hard to adjust although I have gone from a 18 to a 8or 10 I should be happier. These types of posts keep me inspired..... great job and happy holidays!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!