• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I somehow feel involved in this...

Insurance doesn't pay for bewbs.
  • cc12jr
    cc12jr Posts: 5
    Options
    Until recently I felt like it was wishy washy girls who just wanted bigger boobs when they said it was a self esteem issue. But I do have a friend who has a beautiful body and face, but has barely A cups, so she went to the cosmetic surgeon just out of curiosity to see how much it costs. They ran her credit, and set her up that day on a payment plan where she pays it like a car payment. She got a full B cup that looks natural and it has completely changed her self esteem. She still is working through her problems, but it helped her immensely. So to the original post-ee, no I don't think you won the bet that insurance will pay for it because it's pretty hard to prove that a poor self esteem from boobs alone is so life altering that you need bigger ones to thrive. The only way insurance will pay for it is reconstructive surgery like everyone has said already. Even gastric bypass surgery isn't covered by all insurances, and the ones that do cover it only do if the patient is more than 100 pounds over weight. As far as the post-er who said that teachers where he lives can get bigger boobs from depression issues, I'm a teacher here in Virginia and we have trouble even getting approved for depression meds and/or therapy.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I do know someone who had insurance pay for a boob job. She claimed having small boobs was effecting her mental health because her confidence was so low. FREE BOOBS!

AWESOME
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    If it's a reduction for medical purposes and your doctor recommends it, some insurances will cover it. Or if one requires reconstructive surgery after a mastectomy, but that depends on your insurance because many policies will say it's cosmetic since you don't need breasts to live.
  • cc12jr
    cc12jr Posts: 5
    Options
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    How about if your friend wants new boobs and it is not for a medical purpose she pays for them herself? Sheesh!
  • labellavitaxo
    Options
    A friend of mine got hers covered by insurance because they were two completely different sizes, therefore detrimental to her (mental) health in some form or another. And by different sizes, I mean one is a D and the other a B, and her a small-framed skinny girl.. quite noticeable.
  • gwduker
    gwduker Posts: 293
    Options
    I have an insurance policy ON mine but no insurance company would pay for them. I did.

You have your boobs insured??
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    If it was as easy as telling your insurance company, "it will make me feel better about myself", I'd have to carry my crank around in a wheelbarrow. As many others have said, if the boob job is not medically necessary you are going to be hard-pressed to find an insurance company to pay for it.

Holy $#!t. I just said crank, boobs and hard with a straight face.
  • kympow
    kympow Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Is it for a breast enhancment or reduction? My insurance will cover my breast reduction when I get to MY goal weight... They have to take 1000 CC's or so from each breast....each insurance has different guidelines...

if it is breast enhancements I have not found an insurance to pay for that....since that is cosmetic.... were as a reduction can be health related.
  • sharibob3
    sharibob3 Posts: 180
    Options
    I just found a sucker to pay for mine, who cares about the insurance part of it!!! :laugh: