fitness modelling............anyone else??

Options
lewist90
lewist90 Posts: 126 Member
Hi everyone, not long been a member and i already love the website although it has taken over my life somewhat (for the good). my main goal is to become a fitness model down the line and am looking for anyone else who has similar goals or interests. i am also a qualified personal trainer so am able to help with forum questions whenever im about :) just add me im not shy

Replies

• GymBunnyDG
    GymBunnyDG Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey.... this is my goal too! Feel free to add me :)
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    its not my goal,but I can understand the satisfaction you'd get from inspiring people.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Just to look like a fitness model would be great.
  • GymBunnyDG
    GymBunnyDG Posts: 31
    Options
    I get all my inspiration from Jennifer Nicole Lee... amazing fitness model!
  • varulv
    varulv Posts: 21
    Options
    my end goal is do some sort of modeling i still have to shed 10 or percent off my body fat percentage before i will even try. but its cool to know i'm not the only one on this site who has that in mind
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Can you become a fitness model if you're balding in your 20's, ugly, and covered in scars?
    No? Oh ... well then, no it's not my goal.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I got to fitness model once for a magazine spread, and it was HARD WORK. Most of my modeling experience previously was as an artist's model, which is hard because you have to hold a pose for 15+ minutes at a time, but the fitness gig was a crazy hard workout! Doing the same exercise over and over again, holding the postures, having to hold absolutely perfect form... it was tough, but I won't lie, it was fun. I would do it again in a second.

Here's my spread, if you're interested:
    http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/documents/SummersSecrets-Part1.pdf
    http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/documents/SummersSecrets-Part2.pdf

This was shot in late 2007. I'm thinner now by a good 5 lbs. I love the crossover sit-ups I'm demonstrating in the second part; they're still part of my regular training routine.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That would be anyone's dream I believe....would I ever be there? Doubt it. lol I think there would be a lot of "you have to be this and have that" to be one. OP....now I think it is obtainable for you. Also, I'm 5'2".....not many short models out there.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being one if i got in good enough shape
  • KM11102011
    KM11102011 Posts: 41
    Options
    I get all my inspiration from Jennifer Nicole Lee... amazing fitness model!

She's awesome!!
  • RunningSphynx
    Options
    I got to fitness model once for a magazine spread, and it was HARD WORK. Most of my modeling experience previously was as an artist's model, which is hard because you have to hold a pose for 15+ minutes at a time, but the fitness gig was a crazy hard workout! Doing the same exercise over and over again, holding the postures, having to hold absolutely perfect form... it was tough, but I won't lie, it was fun. I would do it again in a second.

Here's my spread, if you're interested:
    http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/documents/SummersSecrets-Part1.pdf
    http://www.t-tapp.com/articles/documents/SummersSecrets-Part2.pdf

This was shot in late 2007. I'm thinner now by a good 5 lbs. I love the crossover sit-ups I'm demonstrating in the second part; they're still part of my regular training routine.

You're adorable and fit! I am sure a lot has changed since '07 but regardless you look great!
  • chrispol
    chrispol Posts: 21
    Options
    I agree with Rach. I would love to be, and it is my goal. It is hard for shorter girls! I have about 10% body fat to shed before I really will feel ready to take that step!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I have never been fit in my life, but I did some plus size modeling in my past (I know, I was shocked too!)... and it's not my end goal, but I'm supporting you 100%!

My end goal is to teach strength classes