Hello :)

Options
Hi, everyone! My name is Monica and I just joined here a few days ago, and let me tell you, I'm hooked! I finally decided to introduce myself, because I will be using this site a lot. My goal is to lose 100lbs, or rather, as much as I reasonably CAN by next July, with the 100lbs being my eventual endgoal. I want to wear a bikini on my 25th birthday! I've never thought of myself as fat. I'm always camera ready and I love to go shopping for clothes, no matter what the size! I guess I'm the typical skinny girl trapped in a fat girl's body :tongue: so this should be an interesting experience! I do have one challenge, though. I work 2 jobs and I'm barely home until after 8pm. I'm so not a morning person, only giving myself 30 minutes tops to get out the door. When will I have time to excersize? Along with dieting and my hectic lifestyle, I've decided to do yoga during these first few weeks. Hopefully after that I'll have more energy to drag myself out of bed so I can workout before I start my day. Good plan? I hope to get to know a lot of you and see everyone's progress! Keep up the great work, everyone, and I'm glad to join you all! :happy:

Replies

• CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    Welcome! I know whatcha mean a fat girl trapped in a skinny girl's body.. that's totally me hahah! If that's your pic though, you don't look fat at all! :D Anyhow add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • abbie72003
    abbie72003 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you want some extra friends :)
  • meglet175
    meglet175 Posts: 98
    Options
    Is that the St. Louis zoo in your photo??? I'm a St. Louis native, and my smarty-pants niece is the Primate keeper there. Feel free to add me. I'm new to MFP - just a few weeks in - but logging in daily and feeling really positive about the changes I'm making.
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey. Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • italianangel143
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) It sounds like you are starting off in the right direction. Small steps turn into life changes down the road :) You will do great as long as you stay focused and motivated. Feel free to add me. :bigsmile:
  • Karenannmo
    Karenannmo Posts: 118
    Options
    Welcome and add me as a friend if you would like. I love hearing about how everyone's doing and give them the motivation that they give me.:smile:
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do yoga, I end up laughing too much to get anything done, I ride my exercise bike after tea, it's really the only time I have when I'm working. (and I just ride casually, generally with a book in my hand!) Feel free to add me as a friend
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love your attitude - you're giving yourself a good amount of time to lose the weight, and being flexible. We all need that in our lives.

Finding time for exercise can be hard, so my advice is simply to move more. Park a few extra spaces from the door. Step from side to side when waiting in line. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Try to work movement in wherever you can. Every little bit helps.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good for you Monica. Good Luck. Friends make the journey better.
  • mnbacon
    mnbacon Posts: 9
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! It'll really help me out :) No, I'm not from St. Louis. The picture was taken last weekend when I was there. I used to live there, but I'm in the Quad Cities now. Anyone close to me don't be shy, say hi!
  • rs2361
    rs2361 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • WaimanaloMan
    WaimanaloMan Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP I hope you get loads out of it! You should look into short training programs, I do kettleworx and it's like 25mins a session using DVD's at home. I've lost over 23lbs using that training method and MFP and am really enjoying the heck out of it. I'm happy to support if you need any, as long as you reciprocate, obviously haha. Have fun and take care!