At my healthy weight, but I still look flabby/not tone...!!

Options
I've recently reached my goal weight of 130, but I still think I could lose a little more.
I look great in my clothes, but as soon as i but a bikini on, I feel like going into hiding. My arms and calves look great, but my abs and upper thighs look awful.... Some people say that I am "skinny-fat", and i am starting to wonder if I am. They told me that I need to start to strength train, to get the toned look.

Is anyone else in the same position that I am?
What have you done to make your body look toned??

thanks ;)

Replies

• kierstin1976
    kierstin1976 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Strength training and HIIT cardio to burn fat. Your diet should be pretty clean too.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Clean diet and lifting heavy. Worked for me.
  • zealousmissjj_wechange
    Options
    Hi Kristinfield!

I have the same problem. I look fine on the outside and people stare at me funny when I tell them I'm trying to lose weight. No, correction: I'm trying to lose bodyfat, not weight!

I did a test at my gym and it said I had 34% bodyfat. OMG!! It's supposed to be between 20-25%. And I weighed 64kgs at the time (I'm 1.70m), which is perfect.

I'm down to 28,5% bodyfat now, and my goal is to reach 21% bodyfat one day. I DONT want to be skinny or weigh a certain amount. I just want to look toned and fit!

Cant give you advice YET. If you figure out the solution, please let me know :). Untill then I'm watching my foods, doing cardio ánd weighttraining!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Great job getting to your goal weight.
    Now you just need to work on your muscles. Add in some heavy lifting. It will really help you out in the thigh area and abs. Also great for the bottom.
  • whitefang66
    whitefang66 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    if u dont want to do resistance, try rowing machine and swimming, they are both good for toning, rowing has made a big difference to my toning as i can feel abs under the last remains of fat on my chest/tummy
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Yes, this was how it was for me after my second baby. I lost all the baby weight according to the scale, but looked a bit flabby. I started doing CrossFit and lost about 5 pounds more but shrank two full pants sizes and look a ton better.
  • sjewell79
    sjewell79 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Try doing the butt bible! it is a great toning video with 3 different levels, you can find it on you tube!