Kind of a funny NSV...

Options
dhiammarath
dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
It is very hard for me to see the changes in myself, and even when I *do* see them, I tend to talk myself *out* of seeing them because I am just that insecure. A mirror is my arch-nemesis!!

I've started the 30-day shred and been at it 8 days now. (yay!) That's not the NSV, though. There are some undeniable signs of weight loss, like smaller clothes, etc. But I never thought I'd come across this.

A couple of days ago, I get in my car to drive to work. As usual, I'm running late. My car's a standard, so I throw it in gear but something's off. I feel like something's not quite right.

It hits me.

I've lost enough butt and gutt to sit me further back in the seat and my feet have a hard time reaching the pedal, much less shove the clutch all the way in to put the car in gear.

Never thought I'd live to see the day that I would say to myself, "my car is too big"!

This is not one of those things that *can* be ignored! Car's don't lie, nor do they stretch or shrink! So I guess I gotta believe I'm losing it!

Replies

• ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Great job!
  • Dirkus
    Dirkus Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is way cool!
  • SKittleSticks
    Options
    That's exciting! Keep at it.
  • heaterrr
    heaterrr Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is so AWESOME!! WTG
  • dhiammarath
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    hahaha...I had a similar instance where I had to move my rearview mirror and seat! Great job!
  • sgrotbeck
    sgrotbeck Posts: 1
    Options
    Wheeee!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good For You!!!
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    heheheh that is great...i remember when my sunglasses no longer touched the top of my cheeks. I love the little things and you are right...cars don't lie!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love it!! Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • dhiammarath
    Options
    Thanks!!

I have experienced the cheeks+sunglasses, too. It's awesome when suddenly these things speak up and go, "HAY. YOU'VE LOST WEIGHT!"

Now, if only I could buy cars as easily as getting another pair of pants... ;)
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!!!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I had a similar experience today, I got into my wives car to go get her gas and didn't have to scoot the seat back to accommodate my belly..Felt great...I know you did too...keep at it
  • Karrie262
    Karrie262 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: That's awesome!! Great job :bigsmile:
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    Hahaha I love this
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! hahaha, now you need a pillow.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is an awesome feeling :)
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I've noticed the seatbelt connection thing doesn't jab me in the side of my butt anymore! You're right, cars don't lie! :)
  • Lcnena209
    Options
    this is great. Don't need a scale to tell you that you lost weight... :) great job....
  • Carfoodel
    Carfoodel Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    lol that is a great NSV - well done:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!