High protein receipes

Options
MrsAFR
MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
Anyone got any good websites from the UK for high protein recipes without having to use whey powder. I'm trying to hit my protein macros but all I can see is using whey powder and don't really want to.

Replies

• angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    GREEK YOGURT!! 23g per 1 cup!! Saved my macros. Lol

You can use that Greek yogurt in your tuna salad sandwiches too instead of Mayo! I do the same for chicken and egg salad as well.
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I second greek yoghurt :) And my morning pancakes rack up 30g of protein for about 300cals. Mail me if you'd like that!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Tuna and egg salad.
    Any chicken breast recipe
    Jamie Oliver fritatta

I'd struggle without whey at times, just tried igf -1 by usn . So think like angel delight and tastes AMAZING! X
  • stonerdude
    stonerdude Posts: 103
    Options
    You should be able to access this list in the UK Cheers!

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/articles/foods-highest-in-protein.php
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Tuna. Seafood is rich in protein without as much bad stuff as red meat.
    Have you though about soy protein? Instead of whey.
  • SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, quinoa, and beans are all really good sources of protein outside of meat.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Check out shrednation2012 on youtube or facebook they have awesome healthy recopies that will have high protein!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    anything involving greek yogurt and lean meats like chicken, turkey, lean ground beef... a lot of greek recipes actually combine the meat and the yogurt for mega protein meals.
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Cottage cheese (go low fat if you want) is a great source of protein. Other than that, try making things like Chilli, Spaghetti bolognase, burgers, meatloaf etc with Lean Turkey Breast Mince. There are also many beans and lentils which you can use to bulk out stews and casseroles which are high in protein.