starting South Beach from Today

Options
hi! Guys,
I have joined MFP since end of march and has lost about 10 lb, but I am now stuck and losing motivation. Planning to start South Beach diet to jump start the weight loss again, anyone wants to join to support?

Or any tips?

Replies

• 82ale
    82ale Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I liked SBD but I need a few more carbs to not feel terrible. My tip would be to not be afraid of fruit if you don't feel good even though phase 1 doesn't include them. Eat a small apple. Good luck!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    hi! Guys,
    I have joined MFP since end of march and has lost about 10 lb, but I am now stuck and losing motivation. Planning to start South Beach diet to jump start the weight loss again, anyone wants to join to support?

Or any tips?

Eat more!
    >>>>>IMPORTANT!!! To get your numbers right please visit---> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 <---read the instructions. I lay everything out to help you have a true fat burning diet.<<<<<<<

And forget the fads!
  • LisaAdamo
    LisaAdamo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love South Beach Diet. I have done it many times with success. I recently tried Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique which is similar to SBD but not enought info so I am back on SBD and will stay. The good thing is that I can track on this site for free and I have all my SBD books to refer back to and I have their Cookbooks as well.
    It is a great way to loose weight and a safe healthy way as well. Phase 1 can be challenging. I try not to think about what foods I cant have and just focus on the foods I am allowed.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I love South Beach Diet. I have done it many times with success. I recently tried Weight Watchers Simply Filling Technique which is similar to SBD but not enought info so I am back on SBD and will stay. The good thing is that I can track on this site for free and I have all my SBD books to refer back to and I have their Cookbooks as well.
    It is a great way to loose weight and a safe healthy way as well. Phase 1 can be challenging. I try not to think about what foods I cant have and just focus on the foods I am allowed.

I would think you would only want to do a fad diet once.
    If youve done it several times then I would say it wasnt very successful.
    I'd rather be able to eat anything and lose weight but best of luck.
  • LisaAdamo
    Options

• LisaAdamo
    Options

• LisaAdamo
    Options
    I am not trying to loose weight, as this Fad diet did work for me and that is why I am sticking with it. I am maintaining and have been maintaining for quite some time. Unfortunately at 51 I can not eat what I would love to eat and have to be careful. I also do like to eat healthy as I run 4 miles everyday at 5am which I am getting ready to do now and workout with Kettlebells 5 days a week.
  • andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I am doing the SB diet too! I just finished Phase one yesterday, it wasn't bad at all, and actually went by really quick. This is my first time doing the diet, and I have lost 14 pounds during the first phase. Have you checked out Kalyns kitchen for good recipes? http://www.kalynskitchen.com/

Andrea
  • taylor_lynn
    Options
    Not to be a downer, but my in my personal opinion, the "best" and HEALTHIEST way to lose weight is just plain old clean eating and a well balanced diet.

Not that you won't have success with SBD but (& I think my husband and his father who are both in medicine would both agree with me) cutting out certain things all together, like carbs or sugar, isn't what's best for the body, our body needs those things (in moderation!) to function properly.

I cut out most processed foods, have incorporated a lot more fruits & veggies into my diet, and eat only whole grains for the most part. I try and stay within all the nutrient guidelines MFP has set for me to make sure my diet is well balanced and have had great success with this method. I don't starve myself by any means, and I also "cheat" here and there when my calorie goal can account for it, meaning I have a dessert at a restaurant, have a candy bar, etc. You only live once after all!

Good luck!
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Not to be a downer, but my in my personal opinion, the "best" and HEALTHIEST way to lose weight is just plain old clean eating and a well balanced diet.

Not that you won't have success with SBD but (& I think my husband and his father who are both in medicine would both agree with me) cutting out certain things all together, like carbs or sugar, isn't what's best for the body, our body needs those things (in moderation!) to function properly.

I cut out most processed foods, have incorporated a lot more fruits & veggies into my diet, and eat only whole grains for the most part. I try and stay within all the nutrient guidelines MFP has set for me to make sure my diet is well balanced and have had great success with this method. I don't starve myself by any means, and I also "cheat" here and there when my calorie goal can account for it, meaning I have a dessert at a restaurant, have a candy bar, etc. You only live once after all!

Good luck!

I applaud you for your success great job! I am interested in clean eating, it is hard to break away from processed foods in the society that we live in today, so double kudos for that as well. The SBD only cuts out carbs and sugars for the first 2 weeks (this is Phase 1) this is sort of like a detox from our dependency on sugar and eliminates cravings from it. After that, carbs and sugars are by no means cut out of our diet, that is not healthy I understand. Phase 2 incorporates carbs, good carbs like old fashioned oats and whole grains back into the diet and healthy sugars such as fruits..these are however limited by a certain amount of servings we can have per day.
  • LisaAdamo
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Congrats on your weight loss. Thank you for the info on Kalynskitchen. I will definitely check that out.
    Hope you have a great weekend!
  • LisaAdamo
    Options
    Taylor, I do agree with you, but prior to doing South Beach I did not have the knowledge you do and have since learned more about healthy eating and continue to learn. I basically doing what you are doing which is very similar to SB. I wish I could be more lenient with having a really good dessert instead of 94% ff popcorn or jello. I do need to work on that because you are so correct life is short.

Hope you have a great weekend.
  • andreasoulcastle
    Options
    Taylor are there any clean eating websites that you can recommend for recipes?
  • melissa1893
    Options
    I just found one called 100 days of real food. Just stumbled onto this thread and found it interesting! Im interested also in getting off processed foods and artificial sugar substitutes. I have been on WW and am stuck but have not really been working it like I should. I was thinking of quitting that and just using MFP instead. Seems similar and Free!