1200 Calories? /Not eating Enough

Options
Now that Im trying to eat healthier ,and only eating when hungary my calorie intake has gone down below 1200. I read that once you calorie intake goes under 1200 you metabolism slows down. I still excersice ,and im not starving through out the day. Should I eat extra calories or just leave it how I am?

P,S, For more info my food diary is public

Replies

• _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    A little tough to really tell with all the quick add calories. You're also young, with a relatively small amount to lose. It looks like you set your daily calorie goal to 900ish. Is there a reason for that?
  • dianasmith6
    dianasmith6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A little tough to really tell with all the quick add calories. You're also young, with a relatively small amount to lose. It looks like you set your daily calorie goal to 900ish. Is there a reason for that?
    no I just thought it was a good number
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Use the Harris Benedict Equation to get a grasp on what you may need. A good starting point.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Whats you weight, height, and age? How much are you exercising a week and what are you doing and for how long?
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Adding nuts are an easy way to add calories, a handful is between 100-200 calories.
  • dianasmith6
    dianasmith6 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weight : 123
    Height : 5 ft
  • DarthH8
    DarthH8 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd push it to 1300-1400 and make sure to do some light activity every day.

Or even more if you plan to actually workout.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    You are a shorty like me so our intake is much lower then the rest of the folks here. I was eating around 1000-1200 calories and working out and not eating back for about 2-3 months until I got the baby weight off then I changed to an intake of 1500 calories and increased my workouts to compensate so that put me at a 500-800. Really, it is up to you but with your numbers, here are your options.
    To keep your weight the same with no exercise you should be eating 1707 calories a day.
    1207 calories a day is a 500 deficit without exercise given your height, age, and weight. You can put that as your goal. You can choose to either eat your calories back from exercise or not. That is a personal decision for you to make only. Watch your body and listen though.
    Once you drop your weight, a little you need to re-evaluate your intake. For instance if your goal is lets say 105 which is healthy for your height then you should be eating 1610 calories a day once you drop your weight to around that. If you are still trying to loose at that point add in your 500 calorie deficit and that puts you at 1110 a day. Once you do hit goal don’t jump back up to eating like crazy. Gradually increase your calories to maintain until you hit your maintenance intake. Here is a good site to use to find out what you need to eat to maintain. Keep in mind to select your activity level. I put it as none mostly so you can choose to eat exercise calories back if you choose so later.
    http://www.caloriecontrol.org/healthy-weight-tool-kit/weight-maintenance-calculator-women
    Here is a good tdee calculator too.
    http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

Good luck!
  • queendeej
    queendeej Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes to adding nuts...I can never only eat one serving which is why I don't eat them very often.
    Adding nuts are an easy way to add calories, a handful is between 100-200 calories.