Anyone been stuck in the plateau?

Options
lmiedema
lmiedema Posts: 36 Member
That point of time when you're stuck in *insert number here* weight?

I'm finally out of it! Woke up, went to the bathroom, weighed myself, and I lost 2 pounds! Just wanted to share that I finally got out of the curve and I am back on the road to losing weight! YAY!

Replies

• Green_Ash
    Green_Ash Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just broke out of mine as well, it's a great feeling!!
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    Congrats! Yep, I was until I started doing the 100 miles in July challenge in another thread. I've been riding my bicycle. I haven't even come close to 100 miles, but I've lost 5 pounds this month. I think I'm going to try again in August.
  • Sonaida
    Sonaida Posts: 17
    Options
    congrats on moving.. I plateaued too and then i changed my workout and lost 3 lbs that week
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck at my plateau for over a year! Joined the site this week and decided to get off my bum and try zumba out....anddddd I dropped three pounds!! So yea, totally feeling your "over the hump" excitement!
  • Kandigirl05
    Kandigirl05 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I was there for the last 3 weeks. I weighed myself yesterday and was over 2 pounds lighter. Oh, the joy!! Oh, the excitement!! I'm nowhere near my ultimate goal but it feels good to know I'm doing something right. Wishing you all continued success!
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    In my slump right now and hanging on to the hope that it breaks soon. I've increased my activity and lowered my caloric intake (I recently lost 65lbs and needed to adjust). I sure hope after a week of concerted activity I'll see a lower number when I officially weigh in on Wednesday. My daily weigh-ins are giving me no hope.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    YAY! It can be done apparently!
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Currently still in the slump...hoping for a change next week :/
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    yes, right now and it sucks! I will crack it though!
  • kaliso
    kaliso Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I plateaued about 2 months ago, so frustrating. But, I increased my calories and whaddaya know, 2 pounds gone just like that!
  • JVanDam77
    JVanDam77 Posts: 130
    Options
    Bump, for later so that when/if I hit another plateau, I have inspiration to work thru it. :) Great job you guys!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    good for u !!!!
  • aftergypsies
    aftergypsies Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I broke mine a few weeks ago after being stuck for 3 months. Congrats on breaking yours!!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck for like 2 months and now I'm doing a no scale for a month challange so won't even know if I've actually broken mine for awhile lol
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was in on the plateau for about 3 months. People said I was getting thinner but the scale never budged. I changed my workouts and I did zigzag calories. I workout almost everyday and I could see a difference in the way my clothes fit me but to have that scale not move is very frustrating. I just tell myself this is how I eat now and just take one day at a time. I lost one more pound this week and I am celebrating a small miracle. I know I am healthier than I was a year ago and I feel good and I do look good too lol. Just persist and you will achieve your goals!
  • rebecca9341
    rebecca9341 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I was stuck for 6 LONG months!!!!!! I finally broke out of it last week with a 4 lb loss. I only had 10 lbs to loose when I hit my plateau, so it was really frustrating. I've recently decided to lay off of exercise so I can get the last 6 lbs off since I can't seem to find the correct caloric balance. Once I stopped exercising was when I saw the scale moving down...go figure!
  • ILoveYouZandT
    ILoveYouZandT Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me! For about a month! Soo frustrating! Just dropped my calorie intake today, and am committing to working out in some fashion every day!
  • cathylord
    cathylord Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is so good to hear. I have been losing and gaining the same two pounds fro the past three weeks now. Do you have any idea how it hppened, or did you just waitit out?
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Plateaus are awful, they make me want to give up! I had one at 206lbs.. I kept seeing that damn number for like 2 weeks. & then 2lbs just fell off overnight! Since then the weight loss has been steady but I'm sure it'll happen again. It's just part of the journey I think!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!