supplements

Options
I'm starting my journey on loosing weight and feeling more fit in my life. I have always been interested in the science of body chemistry with nutrition. My grandmother was "healthy" in the 70s, "a health nut" in the 80s, and a "smart eater" in the 90s. She is now 96 and still has all of her teeth and body functions with the exception of alstheimers which is not dietary or lifestyle driven. She has been an important influence in my life and I find that I am still interested in what kinds of supplements go with losing weight, gaining muscle, boosting energy and inspiration, etc. I've been reading a few articles about different things like BCAA, PEA, and Anandamide. Are there any other vitamin nerds out there who could give me advice?

Replies

• SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I take CLA. It's a fatty acid that has shown to help maintain lean muscle mass while trying to lose fat. I believe it has certainly done so in my case.
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    I also take CLA, other than that, Fish Oil (flaxseed oil is a good alternative too, less likely to be toxic), a multivitamin and Protein powder. Other than that, plenty of good clean food.
  • Slamhamster
    Options
    I use Udo's ultimate oil blend, creatine monohydrate and a whey protein isolate. You can get plenty of BCAA by drinking milk without splashing out on any supplements.

Other than that, just eat clean :)
  • ockara
    ockara Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You might want to look at L-Glutamine and Magnesium. I take both those along with my normal D3,Super B, Krill Oil supplements
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I take CLA, L-Carnitine, Fish Oil, and a multi-vitamin.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i take a thermogenic from Gnc.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i take fish oil daily. i should probably take a multivitamin as well.
  • kaedaza
    kaedaza Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I take multi vit. and liquid vitB
  • MorbidNTT
    MorbidNTT Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I take a multi, Glucosamin, (used to do CLA but cannot afford it) and ZMA.