A small introduction...

Options
Hey everyone... I don't really know what to say on these things to be honest. I've struggled with a weight problem for a lot of my life but I wasn't always big. I don't really know what happened (I used to be very active, swimming, playing with friends, etc) but I know I can lose the weight again. I have to lose approximately 100 pounds, not only for the health benefits (my family has a history of heart problems and diabetes) but also for my career. I'm sincerely hoping I can do this without a gastric bypass or band or crash diets.

Replies

• dudleyclan
    dudleyclan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you can do this with surgery. I have seen many on here that Have lost over 100lbs. Just start eating good and doing some sort of exercise. Add me if you like.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    You are only 24. You have a lot of years left in you. You owe it to yourself to be the best 'you' you can be.

Decide to make a change. Make the right decisions one day at a time. Give yourself a break when you mess up. You CAN do this. You don't need surgery, magic pills, hypnosis or a diet that makes you so miserable you can't stand it. All you need is a sensible eating plan that you can maintain and the self-belief that you are worth the effort and able to make the right choices.

You CAN do it.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you both so much. I second guess myself a lot but deep down I know I can do it... it just takes making the right choices. I think the support system on here will make it that much easier too. Thank you.
  • Benisma1
    Benisma1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    First, welcome to MFP... Losing weight is hard, if it wasn't we'd all be a size 4 I guess so the first step is finding what it is you need to become successful for the rest of your life. You will be suprised what you can accomplish in a short amount of time and not have to go through surgery to get the results you want. Save the money from surgery and treat yourself to some amazing rewards when you reach small goals you set for yourself. You'll do great!! and know there's all kinds of people out here cheering for you along the way...
    let me know if you need anything to make your journey easier....
    maggie
  • cindystephens29
    Options
    you can do it and im trying to lose 100 lbs also
  • Sissakins
    Sissakins Posts: 3
    Options
    I think joining MFP is a great step in the right direction! Way to go!!! I have had more success with MFP than any other time I have tried to loose weight in my life. I've got 61 pounds to go...
  • Chigger56
    Chigger56 Posts: 105
    Options
    Yes. You CAN DO THIS!!! Believe in yourself. Believe that you are worth all the hard work and effort that its gonna take. Believe that you can make this a life long change. You will feel not only better physically but emotionally as well. I believe in you. I am gonna send you a friend request. The support on this site is amazing!! GO GET ER!!!
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You're all right. I CAN do it... and I will. I just need to knuckle down and stay determined... and not get discouraged. I think that's the hardest part for me but I will do it.

I really appreciate you all cheering me on too. It means so much to me to know that I've got people backing me up.
  • kann09
    kann09 Posts: 12
    Options
    You can do it!!! Just make small goal for your self. Don't focus on on how much you have to go but, what you want to lose for the week. That is how I get through it. You are young and if you just keep moving the weight will fall off. Chin up! I am an emotional eater and that has always been my demise. You can add me as a friend if you would like. Keep going and take one day at a time