New here

Options
Hey there,

Well my name is Ezrela, my friends call me Izzy.

I'm desperate to get back into shape and find myself. I was the "skinny" girl during highschool but I was also healthy. I did dance and gymnastics and loved to ride horses.
Then I met my ex and well things took a turn for the worse. Short story, it was an abusive relationship that ended when I told him I was pregnant and he hit me with his car. Damaged my hip and sent me spiraling into depression.
I spent my pregnancy indulging in brownies, french fries and long cries in my closet.
I started college shortly after that and got busier but not any more active. I still ate way too much comfort food and lived from one blurry eyed moment to the next. My grades suffered, my body suffered and I couldn't get it together.

Started trying to get back into shape after my daughter started walking, around her first birthday.Was going just fine, feeling happier too when I was active, we spent days at the park and I started training horses again.

The summer my daugther was eighteen months I was in a bad riding accident with a horse I was training. He flipped through a fence, after I lost control of him. I broke all the bones in my ankle, tore the ligaments and tendons and muscle. Had extensive reoccuring surgeries and still only have 15 percent flexibility in that ankle. It's been over a year and I just started walking without limping. I'm eager to get back into shape but don't want to damage my leg any more. It's still mostly metal.

Replies

• kelelaanne
    kelelaanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW what a journey! Welcome!!!!
  • refeek
    refeek Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've been through a lot! I wish you luck on your weight loss journey!
  • Tishia11
    Tishia11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. MFP is a site filled with great supporters and friends. We all have a common goal, and we are also here to keep each other motivated. Glad you've joined! Add me! :)
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can add me for a friend if you like.
    You have been through a lot, I am older than you 55, but though I havent suffered injuries like you, I have a hip that I injured this past winter and shoulder. I am getting back to normal. ( I bent over the wrong way) Bad joints.
    It is terrible what your ex did to you.
    My name is Martha
  • Roxangone
    Roxangone Posts: 2
    Options
    Im new here too. Over the past 3 months ive lost some weight (i never weighed myself before so Im not sure how much). i started at size 16 jeans (snug size 16) and now Im size 6-8. i want to lose about 30 more pounds. I started out restricting calories below 1000 per day. now Im more focused on working out and toning up so Im at around 1200 calories per day. Looking for some buddies to keep me motivated!
  • ezrela21
    ezrela21 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks for all the supportive messages, it's awesome to find a group of like-minded and same goal oriented people. I have a tenative weight goal but really just want to get back to where I feel healthy and happy wherever that weight happens to be.