question about eggs

Options
eriny
eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
does any one know if egg whites are bad i know with the yolk yes but ive built my breakfast up to include1 dozen whites ,4 oz hormel ham, onions,bellpeppers,peppers,roma tomatoe 5 days a week .

Replies

• eriny
    Options
    does any one know if egg whites are bad i know with the yolk yes but ive built my breakfast up to include1 dozen whites ,4 oz hormel ham, onions,bellpeppers,peppers,roma tomatoe 5 days a week .
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    i know they are amazing for protein and pretty darn good for you!!! and the omlet sound really yummy! lol
    :wink:
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You should have at least 1 yolk, that's where all the nutrients are. I usually just have 1 whole egg and 1 white, instead of a bunch of whites, it makes the texture a lot better too. Don't just go for fewer calories, you want to get healthy too, not just lose weight.
  • eriny
    Options
    You should have at least 1 yolk, that's where all the nutrients are. I usually just have 1 whole egg and 1 white, instead of a bunch of whites, it makes the texture a lot better too. Don't just go for fewer calories, you want to get healthy too, not just lose weight.
    fewer calories means more meat for me for breakfast,lunch or dinner thats why i do all egg whites
  • robynlee
    robynlee Posts: 13
    Options
    the whole point to eat eggs is for a source of protien which is all found in the yolk.
    if your not going to eat the yolk whats the point in eating an egg?
  • eriny
    Options
    fills me up till lunch :bigsmile:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Actually, 58% of the protein in an egg is found in the white. I was very surprised when I found that out - however, how would the chick grow without protein. . .
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    the fat is in the yolk I thought........ but thats good for you too........ just don't need a dozen of em!