How do I figure how many calories I can eatY

Options
If I do 2 hours of cardio and it ups my allowed calories, should I still try to keep it at 1200, which is with no exercise? Or should I try to get to the higher number that it says I have earned? I am not sure what number to aim for for weight loss! Can someone explain it to me, please?

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up to give you enough calories to fuel your body. Simply put, if you burn 200, you should eat back 200. This way your body has 1200 cals of fuel!

Other sites ask you how much you will work out, you say 1 hour a day, they give you 1700 calories a day, you don't do the exercise, you don't lose weight.

I love MFP because I am responsible for my exercise. If I do what I should for my body, I THEN get my calories. ON the days I don't feel like working out, I just eat the 1200 and don't feel guilty I missed my workout.

There are many different opinions on here, so don't get too caught up.

I lost 35 and am now on my way to lose the last 20 by following the MFP way.
  • d4rkn3ss06
    d4rkn3ss06 Posts: 57
    Options
    MFP is set up to give you enough calories to fuel your body. Simply put, if you burn 200, you should eat back 200. This way your body has 1200 cals of fuel!

Other sites ask you how much you will work out, you say 1 hour a day, they give you 1700 calories a day, you don't do the exercise, you don't lose weight.

I love MFP because I am responsible for my exercise. If I do what I should for my body, I THEN get my calories. ON the days I don't feel like working out, I just eat the 1200 and don't feel guilty I missed my workout.

There are many different opinions on here, so don't get too caught up.

I lost 35 and am now on my way to lose the last 20 by following the MFP way.

^^^This! Simple and sweet answer! I am down 25lbs doing the same thing!! :)