Doughnuts

Options
mommy2js
mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
Does anyone here think it is odd that the food database shows that a glazed doughnut only has 118 calories? I thought doughnuts were WAY worse for you than that.

The reason I ask is that we used to get a doughnut every Saturday morning last summer (it is like a 4 mile walk round trip, and pushing a double stroller) and I would really like to continue this if it really is only 100-200 calories.

What do you think?

Replies

• mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here think it is odd that the food database shows that a glazed doughnut only has 118 calories? I thought doughnuts were WAY worse for you than that.

The reason I ask is that we used to get a doughnut every Saturday morning last summer (it is like a 4 mile walk round trip, and pushing a double stroller) and I would really like to continue this if it really is only 100-200 calories.

What do you think?
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    a Regular sized glazed doughnut actually has about 230 calories. I just checked dunkin donuts website. Sometimes you know those little traditions can be worth the extra calories...maybe you could save here and there. Sounds like a good time...besides if you're walking why not enjoy!
    Cowboy
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Think it depends on the brand. Also yeast doughnuts have less than cake doughnuts.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I'm the guilty one who put in the maple bar...480 cal...this is when I found out that cake donuts are more "expensive" than glazed...oh well, every once in awhile (on a big exercise day!) a sugar fix won't hurt
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    can't we just pretend that it has 118. . .. please . . .. . .please . . . . . . lol:sad:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    can't we just pretend that it has 118. . .. please . . .. . .please . . . . . . lol:sad:

:laugh:

I'm in! :drinker:
  • vldowd
    vldowd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that the do nut hole is for the small bite sized portion out of the middle of the regular glazed :grumble:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton's chocolate glazed is 210... :blushing:
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Maybe if it's just a plain, glazed doughnut... I'm sure - like others said - it depends on the type/place/brand you get. Maybe you can ask the place you go to for a nutritional guide - you'd be surprised, they might have one.

Cheers to doughnuts!! :drinker:
  • TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    haha a normal doughnut has much more than that!
    but have you guys heard of holey donuts?
    http://www.holeydonuts.net/
    i pretty much jumped two feet in the air at the major major difference between calories/fat/anything in krispy kreme (oh they didn't actually try to hide the brand name) and holey donuts.
    but i hate doughnuts anyway :(
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Actually a glazed doughnut has way less calories than a muffin. If you want a treat, a glazed doughnut is really not the most terrible choice, especially if you're walking 4 miles and pushing a stroller.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    A Chocolate Iced Donut from Krispy Kreme is 250 cal...

Wasn't worth the calories I wasted on it.

:grumble:

Has anyone else had the 40 cal fudgesicles from Popsicle??

I'm a fudgesicle junkie, and they're delish! Creamy, chocolatey and sweet without breaking the calorie bank!
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    Has anyone else had the 40 cal fudgesicles from Popsicle??

I'm a fudgesicle junkie, and they're delish! Creamy, chocolatey and sweet without breaking the calorie bank!

Oh, I so love these!:smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    maybe its those small doughnut thingies like in thast goofy pack of processed "food" and that may mean one. But I dunno. I am not a fan really unless its the polish doughnut from the bakery across from my work or mmmmm the cheese danish...OK I WILL STOP I SWEAR!!! But I seriously doubt a doughnut has 118 cals