Do the calories in Bacon include the left-over grease?

Options
I'm making green beans tonight and added 3 slices of bacon, plus some of the left-over grease for flavor. I want to count my calories correctly and was was wondering................do the calories on the package include the left-over grease? I probaby should have asked this before I did it, but at least I'm thinking about it now. lol :)

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I cook pork loins in bacon grease all the time and I've never added the cals on top of he bacon and pork...still doesn't answer your question though...
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I don't think it counts the left over grease, because its something that normally wouldn't get eaten when you eat the bacon, but I really don't know for sure.
  • Lieberm
    Lieberm Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Usually the information on the label will say something like "Pan fried, drained", so no it does not include the grease.
  • mathematical2011
    mathematical2011 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The package calories include everything there, including the grease.

EDIT: Unless the package says cooked/drained or something like that
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    a bacon question again...

I was in a bacon conundrum yesterday.

on my bacon pack it gave 2 values for calories - one for raw and one for cooked with a little " * " by the cooked one. in small print at the bottom it stated the cooked value was cooked in a dry frying pan and the fat drained and patted off the meat.

hope that helps
  • Cinnamon0603
    Cinnamon0603 Posts: 149 Member
    Options

on my bacon pack it gave 2 values for calories - one for raw and one for cooked with a little " * " by the cooked one. in small print at the bottom it stated the cooked value was cooked in a dry frying pan and the fat drained and patted off the meat.

hope that helps

HA! I'm such a dork, went back and looked at the package and sure enough it says pan fried slices. Guess I blew it on this one...........Now the million dollar question, how much grease does the grease have?????
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options

hope that helps

HA! I'm such a dork, went back and looked at the package and sure enough it says pan fried slices. Guess I blew it on this one...........Now the million dollar question, how much grease does the grease have?????

type in bacon drippings its there
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I alway bake my bacon and then paper towell dry.
  • macsgirl526
    Options
    No idea about the bacon but...I cook my green beans in fat free low sodium chicken broth.That gives them a yummy flavor and a lot less fat and calories. Though green beans cooked with bacon is super yummy!!!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Another bacon thread ...... Here comes the onslaught of horny women and the obsession with bacon. Lol
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The nutritional information of bacon includes EVERYTHING in the package... as if you had eaten it raw. BUT at 30 calories a SLICE (EVEN WITH THE FAT) is it worth worrying about????????
  • lorilynnschisler
    lorilynnschisler Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I don't believe bacon should be in anyone's diet if trying to lose weight. OMIT it completely and mission accomplished:)
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I n cases of weird unknown things, Google is your friend. I have never asked something I couldn't find. I'm guessing it would be listed as some kind of cooking oil.
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I don't believe bacon should be in anyone's diet if trying to lose weight. OMIT it completely and mission accomplished:)

Life without bacon is not worth living :noway: track it and be done with it. I wouldn't worry about the grease you added wouldn't have been a huge amount of calories anyway.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    The nutritional information of bacon includes EVERYTHING in the package... as if you had eaten it raw. BUT at 30 calories a SLICE (EVEN WITH THE FAT) is it worth worrying about????????
    30 calories a slice does NOT include the grease that cooks out. Check the package before giving out bad info.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe it has no place in YOUR diet, but there's nothing wrong with it. Your diet can't handle 30-40 calories?
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

hope that helps

This sounds right. No, that fat would be disposed of, so it is NOT counted.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    No, I'm sure it doesn't. Add the drippings as lard, because pork grease is what lard is.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    30 calories a slice does NOT include the grease that cooks out. Check the package before giving out bad info.

OK.. obviously you are not familiar with the Nutrition Facts labeling requirements. Thank God I am a food scientist and I AM. The nutritional facts on ANY FOOD LABEL (in the US, I won't claim to know international requirements) include EVERYTHING IN THAT FOOD PRODUCT whether cooked/raw/frozen/fresh IT DOESN'T ****ING MATTER. If you peel a slice of bacon out of the package and eat it raw that is what it would contain FAT AND ALL.

CHECK THE CODE OF FEDERAL REGULATIONS.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options

Life without bacon is not worth living. LOL