White and whole grain / wheat

Options
Wassup y'all? So this is about whole grain / wheat vs white food.. I always have question about these types of food and recently i have been told that the only difference in these food are the micro-nutrient and that i should enjoy both types as long as it fit my macros. So what are your take on this????

Replies

• Cristofori44
    Cristofori44 Posts: 201
    Options
    Wheat bread, pita, sourdough are generally lower in glycemic index than white breads, so they make you feel fuller after eating them. But you have to check the package because a lot of the so-called wheat breads are nothing more than white in disguise.

Also, a lot of the white breads have taken the miconutrients out, such as iron and B-vitamins and fiber.

If you're not diabetic or pre-diabetic, white bread won't kill you, but whole grain is usually always healthier and better for a diet.
  • jwilson625
    jwilson625 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am not by any means a nutritionist, but my understanding is that in addition to simply being more nutrient-dense, whole grains are digested more slowly and thus have a milder effect on blood sugar and insulin levels. As stated, this is particularly important if you're diabetic, but it surely can't hurt even if you're not...
  • bentenballer
    bentenballer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wheat bread, pita, sourdough are generally lower in glycemic index than white breads, so they make you feel fuller after eating them. But you have to check the package because a lot of the so-called wheat breads are nothing more than white in disguise.

Also, a lot of the white breads have taken the miconutrients out, such as iron and B-vitamins and fiber.

If you're not diabetic or pre-diabetic, white bread won't kill you, but whole grain is usually always healthier and better for a diet.

Some where on the web i saw long time ago says that GI level doesn't really matter because of the protein and fat during consumption which slows down the digestion of carb. and thanks lol now I can enjoy me some white carb or them dirty carb :laugh: