Had a bad day today...

Options
I went out to eat today at a local restaurant, so I had no way to track it in the database. Kinda had to guess everything. But, when I entered everything, I went way over on calories and all my macros. It kinda sucks, but I did make some good substitutions.
I had a buffalo chicken wrap (fried chicken, wing sauce, Mexican rice, tomato salsa, ranch dressing, wrapped in a tortilla, and served with chips). I got grilled chicken instead of fried, got a wheat tortilla instead of flour, and got steamed veggies as my side instead of chips or fries.
I hardly ever go out to eat, so I decided I'd enjoy myself today. I don't think I did that bad, but my calories & macros show otherwise! I'm not worried about gaining weight, because I know I'd have to consume 3,500 calories more than what I burn to gain any significant amount of weight. I burn 1,500 with normal daily activities and only consumed about 2,400.
I just feel bad whenever I see all those red numbers...makes me feel like I fell off the wagon.
But, tomorrow is another day! :)

ETA: And then when I clicked "Complete Entry", it showed me that if every day were like today, I'd weigh 131 pounds in five weeks! That's almost a 10 pound gain. That's what made my stomach turn!

Replies

• Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    One meal doesn't hurt at all...in fact I do it on purpose once a week! You did great! I hope you enjoyed the food. And like you said, you DID make awesome substitutions....be proud!! :)
  • carmie12345
    Options
    Like it said though "if every day were like today..." but everyday wont be like today, so no worries!!!! :D
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! It's ok! This isn't a race to the finish. It's one day at a time. Get up tomorrow and start over!

Also, keep in mind thats a ten pounds gain IF you eat like that everyday. One day here and there isn't going to derail you! Let go of the guilt and just keep swimming!
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    I go over on calories and everything else whenever work lays on lunch because of sales meetings- like today. I just quick guessed (overestimating hopefully) but you never know whats gonna be on the menu and it doesnt come with the nutritional info. I just try to pick the best of whats on offer - load up with salad and veg and have small amounts of the meats or whatever. But i dont worry too much about it. it only happens on average twice a month and i can just make up for it later with an extra walk or a bit less food the next day.

Dont feel bad. it doesnt hurt once in a while
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I went out to eat this week too. lol. If someone asks me, I go! I kind of didn't have the greatest week ever. Oh well. At least we are aware of it. I'll do better this weekend and have tons of activity planned. All housework but it's still means I'm moving.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Thanks guys! :)
  • blondie6688
    Options
    Get back on it tomorrow. I try to have a "cheat" meal once a wk. It keeps me sane and on track... as weird as that might sound. It gives me something to look forward to.

Congrats on your progress so far!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. One off day is not the end of the world. In fact it's probably good for you, especially mentally. Worst thing you can do is beat yourself up over it. What's done is done, and hopefully the food you ate at the restaurant was good and tasty.

And if every day WON'T be like today. Think of it more like "if every week were like this week" .... "you'd still reach your fitness goals and have a good time doing it!"
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Add me in..we ate out to much..and I just told my husband I am so tired of all the social being around going out to eat. I am down a pants size and I refuse to gain back. I may lose some friends as I refuse to go out to eat for a while but too bad. I have worked to hard to go back up in weight and sizes. I put my foot down no more eating out these huge meals.
  • karen6499
    karen6499 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I went to Applebees today with my daughter and split the food with her and didn't think I did to bad and when I got home an added the food I was shocked and I felt bad. I felt like I needed to exercise all night its crazy. I did 150 crunches and the twist and other things and still feel like YUCK. Well tomorrow is another day :)
  • tdlsaint
    tdlsaint Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My favorite reply to me hitting the " complete this entry " button was the big red screen that popped up and said " WHAT THE EFF WAS THAT!!!!!!!

Ok, it didn't , but if it could have , it would have. Remember, this is a lifelong lifestyle, not a sprint. Enjoy your day here and there and keep it on track the other 99% !