Options
2»

Replies

• SlvrStarr
    SlvrStarr Posts: 47
    Options
    Red or Yellow bell pepper with hummus.
    Green or Wax beans
    Marinated cucumber slices with in diluted vinegar with a couple slices of onion or garlic.
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    Kale chips! Super delicious, and to me they taste better than potato chips. Wash/dry kale, pop them in the oven till they're crispy. Add a little olive oil/salt to taste and voila!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Edamame - frozen or not
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    kale chips. amazing to snack on in front of the tv and not feel guilty about!
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    carrots and celery with hummus
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My favorite ever - you can microwave your favorite veggies with pasta sauce for 4 minutes and top with a little feta cheese and it's so flavorful and so satisfying when you need something filling between meals! You can try chopped/shredded cabbage, sliced mushrooms, chopped/sliced tomatoes, grated zucchini (makes it taste and seem like pasta noodles!), and onion.
    Before putting into a to go container, add 1/3 cup of your favorite brand of low sugar pasta sauce (adds in even more veggies!) and then it's ready to microwave when you need it. I use Ragu homestyle pasta sauce but there are even meat flavored ones that will really make your veggies tasty!

You can mash up an avocado with guac seasoning and bring a baggy of crackers to eat it with.

You can thinly slice then season butternut squash and make crunchy 'chips' out of them! No refrigeration needed. If you want to make these it's really easy to search Google for the recipe.

If you have the funds, I've also been wishing I could get my own dehydrator so I could dehydrate my favorite veggies and fruits so I could easily munch on them during work.

Good luck, I hope I could help!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots and mustard.
    Or Cauliflower, or Broccoli.
    Cucumber home "pickles" marinated in vinegar, sea salt, fresh cracked pepper and a little stevia for that sweet/sour flavor.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I love sugar snaps...crunchy goodness!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Fresh green peppers...I could eat them like candy! I also like any form of dill pickle to snack on. I don't eat any dressing on any of my veggies. I think it ruins the taste.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    visit Emily Bites blog and find the recipe for zucchini tots, i also do fresh fruit and all of the "cupcakes"she has are to die, ive made em all plus!!!
  • bkvamp
    bkvamp Posts: 30
    Options
    My favorite snacks...

Cucumber slices with salt and lemon!
    Cucumber slices with avocado cubes!
    A mix of berries!
    Steamed artichokes!
    ... (usually steamed the previous day and snack on them the next day when they are nice and cold from the fridge.)
  • brooshie
    brooshie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    are bell peppers REALLY that good by themselves for a snack? a lot of people suggest bell peppers and i do love peppers.
  • micahnelson
    micahnelson Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    At first I didn't like baby carrots. Then I tried Bolthouse Farms Sweet Petites.

Sweet petiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeets.

(Thats how I say it now, because I have given them a pet name. I have given the food a pet name.)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on celery with either raisins or sunflower seeds depending on your personal preference.
  • hidensee
    hidensee Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Green and yellow beans fresh from the garden. Cherry tomatos are really nice gilled so is zucchini. I spritz them with a little flavored olive oil first and sometimes sprinkle them with a little grated parm after grilling. snap peas or even shell peas are another yummy snack, your local farmers market may have all kinds of great options. If you like them dipped humas is my favorite but I usually just eat them plain. Bag them up ahead of time so they are always ready in the fridge.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    My new favorite snack is mini sweet peppers (mixed bag of yellow, red, and orange) 25 calories 0 sodium! Now I'm dipping them in red pepper hummus!! Yummy yum yum :-9
  • cassandrahearts
    Options
    I've been making a pretty delicious carrot salad lately. It's super easy! Purchase some organic shredded carrots, they almost look like little carrot sticks. Put 'em in a bowl, squeeze some lemon juice on them, and add some oregano to your taste. It's absolutely delicious and has a super fresh taste!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You should try "the naked truth" flavor green machine. It's in the fruit section, it's a pre blended smoothie with no additives of sugar or salt. Tastes delicious and has all your daily requirements for fruits and veggies in one drink