For those of us scale obsessed

Options
what is the difference between your day weight and night weight??? what do you think contributes to this difference??

Replies

• healthychanges1
    Options
    It depends on what I've eaten and when I last went to the bathroom, lol. Normally it's around 3 pounds? As for the reasons behind the difference, to me it just makes sense that I've been putting food into my body and if it's not out yet it will naturally show up on the scale. I'm not sure if that is scientifically correct though.
  • laurie858
    laurie858 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Omigod, I know people say to only weigh yourself once a week, but I'm TOTALLY scale obsessed. there's on in the bathroom at my work, and it just takes a second, I step on it every time. So, Mon-Fri, I weigh myself 2-4 times a day... depending on how much water I have to drink. ;-)

I usually gain 2 pounds in a day. Sometimes 1 or 3, but it's pretty consistently 2 pounds a day. Of course, it goes back down every day... I'm not PUTTING ON two pounds a day. :)

I'm about 130lbs right now. I like watching the weight fluctuate. I know exactly what my highs and lows are, and I can tell if it's regular daily weight gain/loss or if it's ACTUAL weight gain/loss. I don't record "-1 lb" if I know it's just daily fluctuation like that.
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds for me.
    I think it's mostly water.
  • stuckinsecond
    Options
    I'm far from qualified to give you a real answer to that. I'd say liquid/water fluctuation, digestion, waste storage and such. But I'd just like to chime in and say I always weigh in first thing after rising to cut out as many variables as possible... like a science project.
  • fromfattofine
    fromfattofine Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's like 2 or 3lbs and it has gone up as much as 5. Last week I put the scale in the back on the closet cause I was too obsessed and it was driving me crazy. Like for real.