Holiday Help!!

Options
I'm going to spain next week for a well deserved holiday with my boyfriend. I'm down 20lbs so far and im genuinely enjoying my excercise routine and overall weight loss experience (first time ever). Im TERRIFIED im going to fall off the wagon, does anyone have any tips on how to stay on track when on holidays?? any help would be much appreciated :happy:

Replies

• teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I say just stick to drinking lots of water, and watching your dinner.... Always making this w the less calories. I'm sure you will do a lot of walking so you enjoy beautiful Spain, so at least you'll b active... Just remember to eat a lot of fruits n veggies to help you feel full longer...

Best of luck n Have fun =)
  • teemarania
    teemarania Posts: 62
    Options
    I was on holiday for a month visiting family in the U.S. Midwest and South and faced this same problem. I did pretty well maintaining for the first two weeks then let myself go the last two weeks (because I couldn't resist the southern food!) and gained 8 lbs. I blame it on 11 hours of traveling in a car and fast food stops. However, in your case, I think you shouldn't worry too much because you are in Europe and will be walking around a lot. Like the previous poster said, main thing is to watch what you eat, but let yourself enjoy your holiday too, so don't be too manic about it :) I visit France often and never gain any weight when on holiday because I'm always walking somewhere or doing something active.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Oh Spain. Samples. A few bites of a few different things. Like at home, eat 'til you're full, not stuffed. Walk everyday. Enjoy your Time in Spain.