30 Day Shred, NEED MOTIVATION!

Options
HI everyone, I'm on day 7 of the 30DS (Technically I would have been on day 9 but I missed two days) but Im just slowly losing motivation and I just need some support. If you could post here or on my 30DS blog what gets you motivated, I would greatly appreciate it!

Blog: http://surahs30dayshredchallenge.blogspot.com/

Replies

• surahrah
    surahrah Posts: 18
    Options
    I also have a few progress pictures, tips, and my point of view on how each day was. More progress pics will be up (In 3ish days)
  • surahrah
    Options
    ...anybody out thereeee?
  • ro1012
    ro1012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I am also doing 30 DS. I am on Day 14 I am on level 2. Tomorrow I will be halfway through, Keep going it is worth it so I think. I can tell my clothes fitting better but the scale isnt saying much. It does get boring after a while but in 3 days you will be onto Level 2....Stick with it so you could say you finished the whole 30 days. Thats what motivates me. I just want to complete the 30 Days.

Feel free to add me. I am pretty new on this site.

Hang in there,

Ro
  • surahrah
    Options
    Thank you so much for the tips! Any one else? :smile:
  • cathleenee
    cathleenee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is amazing! I love 30DS. If you feel like you're getting bored, why don't you try level 2? You can rotate and go back and forth with levels. That helps me. I have a heart rate monitor, and during level 2 I burn 250 calories. Not bad for 20 minutes!!! Don't stop.
  • mamafenton
    mamafenton Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI everyone, I'm on day 7 of the 30DS (Technically I would have been on day 9 but I missed two days) but Im just slowly losing motivation and I just need some support. If you could post here or on my 30DS blog what gets you motivated, I would greatly appreciate it!

Blog: http://surahs30dayshredchallenge.blogspot.com/

I cannot click on that link it does not seem to be working :(

I just got this and plan to start tomorrow so would love to read what you think of it.
    I like the idea of a 30 day challenge it seems scary yet do-able if that makes sense !
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. Haven't gotten the motivation to do it recently though. I liked doing it and saw results, but Jillian gets on my nerves so bad during it. I've heard other says they drown her out and listen to music during it.
    I made it past Level 1 and did a few days of Level 2, but then got really sick and couldn't do it, and just never got back to it.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    This is what motivates me: I push AS HARD AS I POSSIBLY CAN during my workouts. When you do, at the end you get this natural "high". Your body releases all these feel good chemicals and puts you on like cloud 9 lol. But you gotta PUSH. Do it, look for this feeling, and get addicted to it! Then you start seeing the results, and exercise becomes something you look forward to!!

It takes about 2 weeks for something to start turning into habit. Don't give up. You won't regret it!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJoF0wJNGwE
  • amystyran
    amystyran Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i'm about to do day 7 level 3, i found it hard to keep motivated, but i looked at before/after pictures on here and on google, and some of them are so good! i also just remember that its less than 30 mins, in the comfort of your own home, whereas some people spend houurrssssss and hundreds of pounds at the gym for similar results! it'll be worth it in the end:)
  • ButterflyJourney
    ButterflyJourney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Shred's are fine for short term goals (such as getting into a party outfit or special event), but this is a short term loss. As soon as you go back to normal eating, the pounds will creep back on.
  • jumatwins
    jumatwins Posts: 74
    Options
    I'm also doing 30DS,I'm at level 2 now. I am definitely seeing results, but found it hard to be motivated the past 2 days for some reason... I have to kick my butt to do it !! Feel free to add me as I would love to have friends to help stay motivated at this... :-)))
    We can do this !
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I too seem to get bored with 30DS simply because it is the same workout every day. In addition to switching back and forth between levels I switch through her DVDs in her shred it series. For instance, one day I will do the original 30DS, then maybe the next day her shred it with weights/kettle bells. Some days if I do another activity, such as a light jog on the treadmill I will do level 1 instead of level 2. I haven't made it to level 3 yet. I think the main point is that you are doing SOMETHING every day for 30 days so mix up your activities as much as you need to stay motivated.
  • sdeckr
    sdeckr Posts: 2
    Options
    What is everyone talking about? 30 Ds? Can someone tell me about it?
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred on top of my normal routine and on day 7 rest day today. I think motivation has to come from inside though as whatever you do is boring, you just have to keep focussed on why you're doing it and the end result you'll get - her voice though, now that's annoying 'couple mooooooooooore' *shudder*
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    What is everyone talking about? 30 Ds? Can someone tell me about it?

30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. It is an exercise video that you do for 30 days, 10 days at each level that get increasingly harder.
  • Kiswinning
    Kiswinning Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 level 1 and by day three it gets a little boring. What keeps me going is I wear a heart rate monitor and I can see how many calories I burn. Also, when I'm done doing her workout I switch on Tae Bo express. It has 8 segments of 10 minute workouts and I'll pick a 10 minute workout just to add a little mix up.
  • sdeckr
    sdeckr Posts: 2
    Options
    Where can i find this video?
  • surahrah
    Options
    I believe you can find it on youtube or you can buy it off of amazon or walmart for less than $10
  • starlikedolly
    starlikedolly Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Where can i find this video?

All three levels are on Youtube, so you can try it there and see if it's for you before you buy.