Reduce hips/thighs...shall I change my routine?

Options
13»

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    "Having taken recent picture I've noticed that I've significantly gained size on my hips/thigh...my stomach also looks a bit wider but toned. My weight is up 7lbs since last year."

So why did she gain size on hips and stomach and why diet break?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    "Having taken recent picture I've noticed that I've significantly gained size on my hips/thigh...my stomach also looks a bit wider but toned. My weight is up 7lbs since last year."

Two possibilities. She's damaged and lowered her metabolism so much that what she thinks is below maintenance is either at, or above it. If she rebalances her hormones she could repair it. OR her hormones are so out of wack it's creating crazy water retention, also fixed by the diet break.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Two possibilities. She's damaged and lowered her metabolism so much that what she thinks is below maintenance is either at, or above it. If she rebalances her hormones she could repair it. OR her hormones are so out of wack it's creating crazy water retention, also fixed by the diet break.

Thanks. was the gained size muscle or fat? Or is the thought that it is only water retention?
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is a very interesting topic!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Thanks. was the gained size muscle or fat? Or is the thought that it is only water retention?

Hard to tell. She might be able to tell after the break. Could easily be 7lbs of water. Or 5lbs water, 1lb fat, 1lb muscle.

I tried to gain muscle, ate 3000 calories a day, gained 10lbs and still can't tell what was water, fat, or muscle. Body fat percentage tests aren't really accurate enough to figure out a few pounds here and there.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hey just reading into this. It wouldn't surprise me if I'd ruined my hormones after years of eating 1200 calories, and prob burning 600 calories 4-5 times per week. I've nitive my legs do feel hard on the quad and hamstring but not on thevadductors (inner thighs). The quad from the side looks more prominent.

I am on holiday in US in two weeks so I'll be out of routine completely. I'm in the process of upping my calories to try reset my metabolism.