What's another 6 minutes of your life worth?

Options
osewcute
osewcute Posts: 244 Member
I've been taking kickboxing classes 3-4 times per week for the past month at the same place where my children take karate. ( I am so proud of myself for just having done this since every other exercise plan I've ever tried hasn't lasted more than a month) They had a great discount for moms so I couldn't resist and have kept going and loving it.

Well after yesterday's class I was so energized (and mindful of the women in the class who I've spoken to about their fit physiques who told me that they did lots of additional cardio on top of their kickboxing classes) that I went to the park that is 2 blocks away from class and ran a 1/2 mile - which took me 6 minutes to complete.

Today after my class I went down to the park again and ran my half mile and saw that I had done it it 6 minutes again. Just as I was about to complete the half mile and stop at my car, I thought, "What's another 6 minutes of your life in the grand scheme of things? If you go around once more for 6 more minutes, you will have run a mile. So go for it!" I told myself......and I did!!

I banged out 6 more minutes and did that mile like it was nothing. (whereas 3 months ago when I tried to run even a quarter mile it was a stuggle). Tomorrow, I'm going to add 6 more minutes and then another day, 6 more minutes and keep going on like that. Because with every 6 minutes I add to my run, that's probably at least 6 more years of a healthy heart that I will add to my life. So here's to me and 6 more minutes!!

Replies

• justjenn1977
    justjenn1977 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    this is basically it...

I add bit by bit... little by little... and when I started I couldn't bike 1 mile... now we are planning a 160 mile trip... I couldn't walk 1/4 mile... now I plan 10+ mile DAY trips :)
  • 250gorilla
    250gorilla Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    GREAT ACHIEVEMENT. KEEP MOVING
  • chanty1234
    chanty1234 Posts: 56
    Options
    thats awesome
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Well done. I don't look at mine in mins though, I always aim for distance. I will run 5km minimum. Then when I get there I'll go "I'm not done yet" so I'll continue on for at least another 2km as long as my knee holds up.

Well done on knowing you can push more.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Okay, that's just plain fan-freaking-tabulous! Good for you! I'm going to try this -- thanks for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!