Went over, but now unsure....? Please help

Options
It's kind of late at night, and I'm a little hungry--not starving, but I'm definitely hungry. I've already gone over my calories for the day (only by 2, so I'm not worried about that), so I"m not sure if I should have a snack or night.... I'd go to bed, but I'm watching the Olympics, so I won't be going to sleep for a few more hours. I weigh in on Sunday, if that makes any difference.... If I do have a snack it would probably be 1serving of craisins.......what do you think I should do?

Replies

• BlondieSuess
    BlondieSuess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Just make up the difference this weekend.
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Drink some water first. If your still hungry, eat the craisins...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    have some carrots and hummus or a boiled egg and some fruit.

it's not going to make a difference on your weigh in :smile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You could do it either way, but I'd either go for a walk and then have a snack or else go to bed without.

A little bit extra every day and you're doomed. I eat extra when I have extra, but before the time you're asking for trouble.

On the other hand . . . real hunger is the enemy. If you need it, just make sure you make it up.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Drink some water first. If your still hungry, eat the craisins...

Like she said. But skip the craisins.

If you HAVE to eat, protein. A couple of almonds will certainly do you.
  • CLCinNOLA
    CLCinNOLA Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Walk in place for a while as you watch the Olympics! Moving around sort of goes along with the spirit of the show, and you'll earn some calories for your snack.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Well, first of all, craisins are a terrible snack. Full of added sugar and all kinds of chemicals. If you HAVE to eat a little something sweet, eat something real, like a piece of fresh fruit or regular old raisins.

But to answer your question, when it's late at night and I'm not sure if I should have a snack, I try not to. Drinking some water or herbal tea is a good alternative. Usually the urge to eat passes.

Good luck and enjoy the Olympics!
  • breakaway27
    breakaway27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I stopped and thought about it--I really was hungry, so I took a suggestion and ate some baby carrots. I already drink water constantly all day long, even as I type this, so I knew it wasn't thirst. Craisins are not the greatest snack--I didn't think about the sugar, so I'm very glad someone pointed that out.