tabatar ....my first session

Options
dawny78
dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
Well I did Tabatar for the first time tonight It was mega hard but I loved it I really worked hard , I wondered if anyone has tried it and if they liked it as much as I did , I am also keen to know how many calories I burnt so must get HRM to wear next time .

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I love Tabata. Depending on the length and exercises, I can burn 500-550 in 45 minutes - but I don't really trust that number since it's HIIT training.
  • dawny78
    Options
    whats HIIT Training ?? Sorry I am new to all this > :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    whats HIIT Training ?? Sorry I am new to all this > :)

Tabata is :) HIIT stands for high intensity interval training. So any type of training wherein you alternate high intensity with low intensity (or rest) segments is considered interval training. It's apparently a highly effective form of training. I like to incorporate one or more HIIT sessions a week.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Tabata's great!! I love incorporating it into my workouts.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Try tabata goblet squats.
  • dawny78
    Options
    Try tabata goblet squats.
    I will squats are killing me at the mo tho legs are just getting use to them. More tabatar for me tho .
  • IrmaElocin
    Options
    I love Tabata. Depending on the length and exercises, I can burn 500-550 in 45 minutes - but I don't really trust that number since it's HIIT training.

I actually was just introduced to Tabata goblet squats earlier today! HIIT is fun and makes me feel accomplished.
    @ShannonMpls how did you figure out how many calories you burned doing HIIT? I've been trying to find out how to calculate, also congrats on you goal reaching looks like you're kickin *kitten* and taking names!
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    Doing my own tabata/HIIT at home, I burn right at 10-10.25 calories per minute according to my HRM. I do 20 minute sessions, typically. I <3 it!

(37, 5'2.5", 170#, btw).