Stepped on it at 5pm, shortly after walking weighed 282.40

Stepped on it 5 minutes ago at 11:30pm, weighted 286.00

Is this possible?

can you gain 4 pounds in a day?

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Weight will go up and down throughout the day...Its not real weight gain its water/food/waste etc....dont worry about it and try to weight yourself at the same time of day..Like mornings before breakfast
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    have you eaten today? have you had anything to drink today?

..your weight fluctuates every time you put food in your body. don't get on the scale more than once in a day. weigh in the morning, after you've used the bathroom and before you eat. that should be the only time you get on the scale.
  • Moongal028
    Options
    Our true weight is in the morning without breakfast and after going to the bathroom. Our weight will go up and down throughout the day and will drive us crazy if we keep getting on the scale. I have to have mine out of sight, out of mind.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Weigh in the morning, right after waking up and going to the bathroom. I tend to bounce up and down 3-5lbs during the day. Depends on my water intake, food, ect.
  • foochick
    foochick Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That happens to me all the time....used to freak me out!
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    That 4 lb difference is pretty normal for me. Even more fascinating, there's a 1-2 lb difference between the time I get up in the middle of the night to pee and my weight on awakening in the morning. As others have said, that 1st thing in the morning weight is our lowest for the day.
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options

I can gain 4 pounds in an hour. Drink a bunch of fluids. Eat some food. For pitty's sake , a liter of water weighs 2 pounds.

The typical human bladder holds 16 ounces. You get my drift? There are lots of bodily functions that add or eliminate "weight' from you body. Don't sweat it! (pun intended)
  • j_wilson2012
    j_wilson2012 Posts: 293
    Options
    Were you completely naked, or wearing the same clothes as the last time? When you work out, you drop weight because you sweat, and if you dont, you are not exercising right. I will bike for 2 hours, and have changed 3lbs when I get done. Then, you will eat and drink things after your workout. Especially dinner. The body knows that it is going into hibernation, so it will use that food sparingly, until it gets breakfast in the morning (it is like an internal clock). what goes up must come down.....and what goes in, well most of it must come out. Until it does, it is weight in your body. One time I jumped 1.5 lbs just eating dinner (I weighed before and after, was kinda funny). As they say...measure in morning, after the morning wood and before breakfast....youll do fine.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i've gained 8 pounds in a day. it's not a big deal.

weigh yourself in the morning everyday for a week, add the numbers up, divide by 7.
    go by that instead =]
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and throw the scale away and do not buy another one. It will relieve 90% of dieting stress. It's just a number. Go off measurements, the way you feel, and the way your clothes are fitting.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I think you probably just gained 5 lbs of fat......Did you eat ice cream or something? I'm sorry....that sucks.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Stepped on it at 5pm, shortly after walking weighed 282.40

Stepped on it 5 minutes ago at 11:30pm, weighted 286.00

Is this possible?

My scales does the same, I weight after the toilet and then again about 5 mins later and my weight changes by about 3 llbs some times, Im sure its all the blood falling back down after you have been lying down for 8 hours lol.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I think you probably just gained 5 lbs of fat......Did you eat ice cream or something? I'm sorry....that sucks.
    Bull**** 5 llbs of fat, what do you eat like air????????????????
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Pff, I've gained 15 lbs in a day, no joke. Just weigh once, at the same time, under the same circumstances :).
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

tumblr_m0doseEKO41rqfhi2o1_250.gif
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    It's not fat. For it to be fat, you'd have to overeat by 14,000 calories in a single day.

It's likely your dinner and beverages. In the morning, you'll probably weigh less than you did at 5 pm.

Last night, I weighed 209.4. This morning, I weighed 206.8.

To know whether you are making progress, weigh yourself each morning when you wake up. Better yet, do it every Sunday morning before you eat-- once a week.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I gain up to 4lbs in a day...but its all gone in the morning...

Dont worry about it. Weigh in the morning and record that one... the rest of the day i just like to see how much fluctuation
  • nataliexxxx
    nataliexxxx Posts: 262
    Options
    Weight changes throughout the day weigh yourself at the same time each time you weigh
  • thecapaccino
    thecapaccino Posts: 138
    Options
    i happened to me also... i freaked too!! but after reading the comments on threads I try not to let it get to me...but it does boggle the mind at times

:-)
  • Maryt1961
    Maryt1961 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I even noticed on mine that when I got up at about 5 am and got on the scale just for fun...then a couple hours later when I was actually up for the day, that there was about a 2 pound weight loss on the second reading...you know which one I kept!