Do you plan meals for the week?

Options
I find that if I plan my meals for the week I stick to it better. Just now I entered all my meals in from Saturday (today) to next Saturday when I will have a nice cheat meal. That's something to look forward to IMO.

Replies

• SamanthaAnnM
    SamanthaAnnM Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't plan for the entire week, but I do usually plan for a day ahead. So right now, I have my entire day's food logged in my diary for 6/28 in advance. It helps me to stay on track, instead of playing it by ear and end up eating a big bowl of pasta because I can't think of anything better at dinnertime.
  • ctwm84
    ctwm84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I also dont plan for the entire week but i try to tackle 3-4 days at a time. It sure does make it easier to stick to!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I plan in general when I shop for food and then I plan my day in the morning of each day.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I search recipes to plan what I'm going to eat throughout the week to save on money from mindless food shopping. In saying that I don't have particular days that I plan to eat the food I just buy 7 days worth of meals and decide later.

I do however sit down in the mornings of each new day and work out what I plan to eat as it makes it much easier to manage calories :)

Good luck
  • Ejwelton
    Ejwelton Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    We have phases of planning, although not entering it early on here. It's much easier on shopping as well as you only buy what you know you need.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I try to plan for the week/month, I spend the better part of my weekend cooking and put most of it in the freezer in single servings so I can just grab and go. I keep an excel sheet with what is in there with serving sizes and calories so I have plenty of meal options.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    I'm lucky if I plan hours ahead.
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I don't plan for the entire week, but I do usually plan for a day ahead. So right now, I have my entire day's food logged in my diary for 6/28 in advance. It helps me to stay on track, instead of playing it by ear and end up eating a big bowl of pasta because I can't think of anything better at dinnertime.

^^^ This
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I do plan for the week ahead, but that is more to do with the fact that the supermarket is very far away (I live in the country) and I really don't want to have to go to the supermarket too often.

This also seems to help with not having snacks in the house. I just don't plan them, so I don't buy them.