wanting to lose 10kg, 50+ and looking for support

Options
sharsc
sharsc Posts: 4 Member
Hi, I am looking for support from others in the same boat as myself, 50+ and eating to trim down before its too late. 10 kgs isn't so much but gosh its hard!! and the weight is stubborn!! so if you are that bit older would be great to hear from you.

7089455.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• CharEgizi
    CharEgizi Posts: 1
    Options
    It's NEVER TOO LATE...well once you're dead it pretty much is, but as long as you're breathing....it's all good. I'm wanting to lose 50+ as well. Add me if you like. Main thing to remember is that if you go over your calories or don't exercise as much or whatever on any given day....DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP...just make a promise to yourself that you'll get back on the horse the next day and MAKE SURE YOU HAVE PEOPLE TO HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE WITHOUT BEATING YOU UP....if you try to lose weight and don't tell anyone "in case you fail"...YOU WILL FAIL....YOU CAN DO THIS...YOU HAVE TO WANT TO....and don't think of it as a diet, think of it as a lifestyle change because you should learn to make healthier choices, NOT just restrict calories.

GOOD LUCK
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have a bit more to lose somewhere in the 140 pound area I'm 50 now and hope to have most of everything off by my 52 birthday. Feel free to add me.
  • BJWT
    BJWT Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm 50+ and went on a trip to San Francisco with my family (son 14, daughter 10) in May and we walked everywhere. I was always about a half a block behind and out of breath. I weighed 10 pounds more than I did when I was pregnant! In June I hired a personal trainer for 3 times a week and started logging in my food diary. I've been loosing weight slowly but my trainer said a pound a week is good, that I would most likely keep the weight off if I loose it slowly. I am happy to say it gets easier but I do think the key to my success is exercising (which I have never ever done before) and the food diary together.
    One thing I don't do is look at the weight. My goals are more I take out an old favorite skirt and that is my goal. Started at a size 14, am now at a size 12 and my next goal is getting into that old favorite size 10 skirt.
    Good Luck!