Why did I wait so long?

Options
I've been gaining weight for a majority of my life. I literally can't remember what it was like to be thin. I should have done this 30 years ago when it would have been easier and I wouldn't have had to live with my disease. Well at least I have it going now and I can hopefully enjoy the last 1/4 or so of my life. I've been watching videos on you tube of loose skin surgeries I sure don't look forward to that at all but it will be a part of my life I know it. I have too much to lose and my skin has forgotten how to tighten that much. Well I wish you all the best...we can do this.

Replies

• luckymeme93
    Options
    read my last post it might help you you just have to eat right and work out even if your older walk every day for an hour good luck!
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    It may not be as bad as you think, if the weight comes off slow and you exercise some of it will tighten up. Personally I have to put that idea into the back of my head for now and focus on the weight lose which is more important for my health. I have this mental picture of myself all trim and toned, but I know my body is not 20 years old anymore and it will never be perfect but I can try
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't think too much Jerbear, just focus on losing the weight first. Thinking too much usually just derails the whole process. I know you can succeed!
  • ButterflyJourney
    ButterflyJourney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One step at a time. Just keep moving forward. It gets easier and before you know it, heathy eating will be a way of life. I lost almost 100 lbs. (as you can see by my ticker I've put a few back on with heavy weight lifting and fun summer eating), but I'm already losing to get back to goals. I lost my weight following a pesce vegetarian diet. And I did it at age 53 and in menopause.

Make sure you drink plenty of water (at least ten 8oz cups); cardio; and eating healthy. Watch sauces, butter, salad dressings, etc. It all adds up to wasted use of calories. Never go below 1200 cals on any day.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I am 4 years older than you and I used to ask myself that everyday. It seems to me that worrying about the whys and why nots is a waste of time. It also has the ability to derail your weight loss because it leads you to say, "Why bother now?". Well, having said all that - I am doing it now because I really am ready to do it now. In the past, I don't think I was really ready. Oh, I wanted to be thin and healthier, but never wanted it enough to put in the work. Now I am. I don't care if I have a little saggy skin, it beats not having any energy, getting a chronic disease or the thought of my daughter having to take care of me as I age. I am going slow, exercising and lifting some weights everyday. I am not seeing a LOT of saggy skin yet. Mostly the changes are very positive. Even my saggy arms are toning up and not near as jiggly as they were. Hang in there. Don't worry about the excess skin now and don't beat yourself up over things that you can not go back and change. Change it now. Start today. Your body will thank you! Stay strong!
    ETA: By the way - What will you say to yourself this time next year if you don't do it now?? What will it be like this time next year if you do start today? :smile: