Here's to a new start!

Options
Hello,

I am one of those people that don't actually want to share my fitness goals with the people in my life currently because they aren't exceptionally supportive. That's why I am here. I am hoping that this app will motivate me and I am hoping to support the others in this community and be supported as well.

Having some friends might be a good way to start :)

Happy exercising....

Replies

• Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I can never quote this enough

"...You have to trust in yourself
    You must believe in yourself
    You have to follow your heart
    You overcome, improve, endure..."

Do not ever worry about what others around you think, You are not doing this for them, you are doing this for YOU!
  • Lefemnikkita4
    Options
    I appreciate your quote. It really is something to work towards. You are right, it is just as much a change in mind set as it is a change in physical habits :)
  • Lexalina132
    Lexalina132 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My aunt always told me "don't think of it as dropping weight, it's about being healthy!" you should be proud of how you look! I don't know why, but when people tease me about how i'm over weight i qoute my favouraite lines in the Help "you is kind, you is smart, you is important..." it's corny, but it helps me!
  • MMLockart
    MMLockart Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying because my biological mother has always put me down and so did my ex husband so I found it very difficult to loss. I was adopted and got a divorced so now my mom, sister and dad support me though it all. I have to say it is easy when you are supported and I am here for you. If you ever need to talk I am here I have always been told I am a good listener and I believe anything is possible as long as you want it. You can do it and again I am here for you! :wink:
  • idream72
    idream72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations! I'm fairly new to the site too and am loving it so far. Be proud of yourself for starting this journey, it's tough when those around you don't support you, but you've got plenty of support right here! :)
  • Lefemnikkita4
    Options
    Thanks for the words of inspiration guys. Here's to a new start :).