In need of advice!

Options
Hey everyone, as an over weight teen who's just gotten out of high school i find it super hard not to go on a McDonalds splurg for dinner or something like that! And some nights, no matter how much i eat i always feel hungry! What can i do to avoid the splurg AND the hunger! I really appreshiate any advice someone can give! Thank you!

Replies

• NotUlysess
    NotUlysess Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I know that feeling! I put on 33 pounds from bad eating when I finished high school a year and a half ago.

In the past month I've lost 3 pounds from simply eating better. For me I found that I'd eat McDs on nights when I was stressed, tired, or hadn't eaten a big enough lunch. I found that if I eat a snack about 2-3 hours before dinner, I could fight of the urge to get take outs and actually make myself a home made meal. For nights when I feel too stressed out from assignments or work, to stop myself eating as unhealthily as pizza or McDs, I get PitaPit or a subway wrap instead. It isn't the best, but some nights it's the best I can do.

And I get those bottomless pit nights too. Drinking a lot of water helps. Sometimes there is nothing for it but eating something. I try and eat some toast or fruit because at least that way it isn't doing too much damage. Fruit is better for fixing the sweet tooth cravings. If you know you get hungry at a certain time, just account for it in your daily calorie intake.

Hope something in this rant is useful!
  • Lexalina132
    Lexalina132 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'm really glad you find the time to reply! I hope you get to where you want to be health wise!
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Im probably not the right one to answer here as my nutritionism background is only what i read and experimented with myself.

Some times we mistake hungry with thirsty... use the water as a food not only as that thing that relieves your thirst.

When you crave for fast food you just have to think if you REALLY want that or you can pass the moment with a bowl of muesly, or cornflakes or something crunchy and good like nuts. Crunchy tricks our body very well.

Stick to your calorie allowance and... easy peasy... if you want to eat more, ok! go for it but earn it!

You want to add extra 500cal tonight with McDonalds? start jogging/exercising now to get that 500cal extra credit (but remember, do not reward yourself with food, you are not a dog!)

I hope it helps!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I find that eating enough early in the day stops the overeating later in the day. I have a good breakfast and lunch and a snack in the afternoon.

I think there's a movie about how they make mcdonalds food that will put you off it forever, but I don't remember the name.
  • Lexalina132
    Options
    Yeah, i agree with the breakfast thing, but i don't know why, but breakfast just makes my stomach hurt a lot DX i wish it didn't though! As for that movie, i'll look around for it! Thank you! :)
  • MassObserver
    MassObserver Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The movie abt McD is called "super size me"
  • Lexalina132
    Options
    Thank you very much
  • Pinknspooky
    Pinknspooky Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    When you say breakfast hurts what are you having? if it is cereal have a look for an alternative - scrambled eggs and turkey bacon, a healthy homemade smoothie - there are a million options out there for you to explore and try. I used to struggle eating cereal for breakfast - left me bloated and sick feeling but now I switched it out I dont have the problem.

I also used to be a macdonalds addict and takeaways but having stayed away from them for a couple of weeks I discovered that actually they are not that nice - especially not for the amount of calories they cost. If you want to carry on going switch to a happy meal - much smaller and you get a toy :tongue: you are alowed a treat now and then - you just have to budget for it the same way as you budget for the money to pay for it.

You have taken the first step by being here - spend some time just logging and counting calories and provided you are honest it will start to work and you will quickly see what is worth it and what isn't. Dont be afraid to try new things, play with choices and see what you like - this is about learning a new lifestyle :flowerforyou: