Kiss my TATTOO!!

Options
Sooooo, I have hit a number of milestones already and I have a few left to go but the biggest of them all is reaching my ultimate goal weight (which I never thought was remotely possible until now) and getting my one and only tattoo. My original ultimate goal weight is less than 2 pounds away which is totally remarkable so obviously my motivation to keep going has skyrocketed. I want something that symbolizes not only how far ive come but the process. I love butterflies but I want something a lot less generic so here is what I am thinking. I would replace the birds with butterflies. The feather would represent the weight loss, the dare to dream the journey, and the butterflies the freedom from what was and moving forward in life. I am less than 30 pounds away so I need to start seriously thinking. I want the butterflies to be various solid colors. Thoughts? Oh and yes it will be a tramp stamp because well they are sexy and when I get to 145 I will be sexy!

tattoo.jpg

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Please share a pic when you get it done...sounds amazing...good luck meeting that goal and great job so far..
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Please share a pic when you get it done...sounds amazing...good luck meeting that goal and great job so far..

Thanks!!!!!
  • kluvfreddy
    kluvfreddy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The tatt design is a good idea. Good luck!:smile:
  • Ranocchia
    Ranocchia Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    the design is a good idea. where do you want to do it?
    (i wouldn't do it in colors, but this is just a personal preference)
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    gorgeous love it!!! good for you!! iv got loads of tatoos and don't regret any of them they are part of who I am!! wish I had the confidence to show them off more!! :smile:
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I know someone with a tattoo of exactly the same feather as that, but instead with the words 'every breath is a second chance', but the font makes it look like it says 'every breast is a second chance' hahah (:
    Nice design though!
  • Superrhi
    Superrhi Posts: 84
    Options
    From tattoo experience i would suggest that you take that drawing to a good shop and ask them to re-position the items (mainly the lettering i feel) Possibly a banner going around the feather? Its a really nice start of an idea though. You can make a good idea great!
  • nrperry529
    nrperry529 Posts: 25
    Options
    I think it will be great! And you are sexy now!! I agree with the other poster about it not being in color, but that's my tattoo-less opinion. ;) love you!
  • lakerb85
    lakerb85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I really like the tattoo as it is! I know you said you wanted butterflies, but I think changing it would make the feather not make any sense. Why would butterflies come from a feather? I think it's awesome with the birds and birds fly higher!!!
  • makemewannadie
    Options
    Congrats! I really like the tattoo as it is! I know you said you wanted butterflies, but I think changing it would make the feather not make any sense. Why would butterflies come from a feather? I think it's awesome with the birds and birds fly higher!!!

I agree, keeping it as birds makes a lot more sense.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree about the birds. If you want a butterfly then get two tattoos. Tattoos are like potato chips, you can't have just one. :D

I am partial to black and grey tats. The color that is available today is amazing but a good artist can make black and grey come alive and it is just so much bolder.
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Exactly what I was thinking. Birds would work with the symbolism of the feather and birds have the freedom of the skies.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Good for you, I got one when I reached my 40 pound loss, best thing I've done for myself in a very long time. You're gonna love it, and they can be pretty addicting. I'm already thinking of 2 more that I want. :-) congrats!!!
  • sophiedalton22
    sophiedalton22 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wow, i love this design, so similar to my one i had up my back,,, beautiful!!
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Love your idea! I think it sounds amazing and would love to see a picture when you get it! You deserve it! Good job! :)
  • makemewannadie
    Options
    I agree about the birds. If you want a butterfly then get two tattoos. Tattoos are like potato chips, you can't have just one. :D

I am partial to black and grey tats. The color that is available today is amazing but a good artist can make black and grey come alive and it is just so much bolder.

Black and grey is my favourite too (:
    Also OP- I can't imagine it in the position where you want it to be, is it just me :s it's too much of a fluid shape to fit comfortably there, have you thought about shoulder blade, or along the top of your shoulder instead? Just my opinion:)
  • TiaTenille
    Options
    Girl...you ARE sexy already!
  • MarianneDarroch
    MarianneDarroch Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love the tattoo idea - such a good idea to remind/reward yourself of all your hard work :)
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Love you idea for the tattoo. Gorgeous! :drinker:
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!