Small NSV for me - I'll take it

Options
Cdpemberton
Cdpemberton Posts: 28 Member
So I’ve been exercising since March and felt like I toned more than I lost pounds. The scale isn’t moving as fast as I thought it would, and it looks like I put on .4 lbs this week. I try to log my calories and work out at least 3 – 4 times a week (30ds, bootcamp), but with the twins I can easily fall off track….. My POSITIVE NSV is that I was rushing to get dressed for work and pulled out the wrong size pants (pre-pregnancy) and WHAT……..THEY FIT? I quickly took some measurements and saw that I was down 7 inches total in the last 30 days. I still have a long way to go, but I was excited for the moment.

Anyone else feel like the muscle is weighing them down? The scale is a beast. I need a lot of motivation, so feel free to add me as a friend. I can't wait until I can add pics, I'm too nervous now.

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I would too (take it) LOL!!! That's wonderful. I haven't lost A LOT of weight, but clothes are looser so that keeps me motivated. Be encouraged:happy:
  • talon8
    talon8 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Muscle weighs more than fat and burns more calories. Keep at it especially since you're seeing the results!
  • kimmieyr1
    kimmieyr1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Congratulations! I would take the 7 inches any day! Keep at it you are doing great!

The twins are adorable!
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome. Definitely take it!!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    That's a great NSV, although I wouldn't call it small! :) Keep up the great work!
  • Cdpemberton
    Options
    Thanks Everyone. This means a lot.
  • Cdpemberton
    Options
    Thanks. I just saw the comment about the twins, they are sweet. Love them. I cant wait until they have a hot mom, again. LOL
  • Cdpemberton
    Options
    Absolutely! Muscle weighs more than fat and burns more calories. Keep at it especially since you're seeing the results!

Question, I see more muscle toning in my legs but not my arms because I squat like a mad woman. My Arms are thicker and not as defined. Should I increase the weights I use? I didnt want large muscles so I stick to between 3 and 5 lbs.
  • Cdpemberton
    Options
    Congratulations! I would take the 7 inches any day! Keep at it you are doing great!

The twins are adorable!

Im new at posting and just realized the quote link.

Thanks. I just saw the comment about the twins, they are sweet. Love them. I cant wait until they have a hot mom, again. LOL
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ditching the fat for the muscle beats a number on the scale ANY day. You're doing great! What a fun way to discover that! Cheers.
  • M3l1s5a
    M3l1s5a Posts: 69
    Options
    I did the same thing last week. Scale had me bummed so I pulled out the measuring tape and had lost inches everywhere! Hang in there!!! The scale will follow :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!