body stores water while working hard?

Options
I attendet a really gard job this week, 8 hours of lifting heavy things and running around the day.
Burns a lot. Musvles are sore every day.
But i have a problem: i store water. I cant make my hands ibto fists anymore and ny feet and legs are terribly swollen.
In the mornibg i cqnt open my eyes or move my jaw a lot becourse of the water in there.
Its really hot here and i have to work so hard. I drink a lot, 5l a day but i always have and never had these problems.
I eat little salt. Like before. So it must be the work. Becourse it was hot here before too.

Anybody else know this?
Know what i can do against it?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Umm...

GO SEE A DOCTOR.
  • lcn1220
    lcn1220 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Umm...

GO SEE A DOCTOR.

This. It doesn't sound like normal water retention. =/
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Doctor said its becourse my body isent used to working so hard and goes crazy becourse of it.
    It should be beter if it gets used to it.
    And the hot temperatures out of course. Its like 35-40 C° here.

But i just wanted to know if i can do anything agaibst it and if somebody has the same expirience with bard jobs?
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    You def need to go see a doctor hun! You could be not getting enough salt (your body needs sodium) or you could not be drinking enough water, or both, but to be so bloated is not normal. Please make yourself an appt !!
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have been to a doctor (above post ;) )
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Doctor said its becourse my body isent used to working so hard and goes crazy becourse of it.
    It should be beter if it gets used to it.
    And the hot temperatures out of course. Its like 35-40 C° here.

But i just wanted to know if i can do anything agaibst it and if somebody has the same expirience with bard jobs?

If you are confident with your doctor's diagnosis: Keep your limbs lifted above your heart level, massage your limbs starting from ankle/waist to thighs/shoulders and up. Take vitamin B complex (something with Vitamin C, if you don't have one make sure you get either natural or supplement vit. C as it's crucial in vit. B absorption). Ask your doctor if it's okay to get some diuretics since that kind of water retention is putting too much pressure on your veins if it's a problem persisting for long, but please don't take them on your own. To be on the safe side, you can consult with another doctor as well.