Why hello there.

Options
Well, I'm Jeff. I've been losing weight since early 2008 (yeah, it's been a slow, steady process) and using MFP for a fairly large part of that time... although I've only just recently realized that there are message boards here. Heh.

I get a lot of support from friends on the internet, but the people I know in real life, well... they're the types that SAY they're there to support you, but then constantly try to get you to eat bad stuff, or skip exercise on the barest of excuses... well, I'm sure a lot of you know how that is. So, here I am, starting up with the MFP boards.

I wrote a more in-depth blog post about my experiences thus far, but in short: after 4-odd years of struggle, I'm down to a point where, to be honest, I'm not even sure how much more "weight" I have to lose. I'm already well below the threshold I once thought I could make it to, and all I've left is some stubborn fat that lives around my abdomen (a large beer belly, essentially, although I don't drink much beer).

So, that's me. As Dr. Nick would say: Hi, everybody!

Replies

• ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Jeff,

Good to have you hear!!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hi Dr. Nick...errr Jeff lol

I know how it is with people saying they support you and then ending up discouraging you. Mom keeps saying I don't need to lose any more weight (I do so!) and if it's raining or hot out or something she'll say maybe I shouldn't go to the gym today. Not helpful! I still have that fat girl voice in my head that doesn't want to work out so when she says stuff like that it's a little effort to push past the thought of "yeah I totally shouldn't work out today." But I guess every time I do I get willpower points.
  • Jeffjaysmith
    Jeffjaysmith Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think the worst part about people like that is that it's hard to say anything to them, because they generally DO mean well.
  • CurlyGurlie88
    Options
    I know how you feel, but congrats on your weight loss! that's awesome!
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm Jeff. I've been losing weight since early 2008 (yeah, it's been a slow, steady process) and using MFP for a fairly large part of that time... although I've only just recently realized that there are message boards here. Heh.

I get a lot of support from friends on the internet, but the people I know in real life, well... they're the types that SAY they're there to support you, but then constantly try to get you to eat bad stuff, or skip exercise on the barest of excuses... well, I'm sure a lot of you know how that is. So, here I am, starting up with the MFP boards.

I wrote a more in-depth blog post about my experiences thus far, but in short: after 4-odd years of struggle, I'm down to a point where, to be honest, I'm not even sure how much more "weight" I have to lose. I'm already well below the threshold I once thought I could make it to, and all I've left is some stubborn fat that lives around my abdomen (a large beer belly, essentially, although I don't drink much beer).

So, that's me. As Dr. Nick would say: Hi, everybody!

I understand, I'm in the same place....trying to do more lifting and less cardio...need to build some muscle to help burn the last of the fat.