Anyone know the breakdown for a low carb diet?

Options
I find that i am constantly going over on my protien and under on my carbs on my amounts because i'm trying to do low carb as well as watch my calories. I've looked online and haven't been able to find a good guideline for a low carb breakdown. I did Atkins before and it was too stringent so i'm trying to join the calorie and low carb thing so i include things like fruit, etc. Anyone tried this and had it work for them?

Thanks!:)
Jolie

Replies

• RhianAlyssa
    Options
    I've never done a specific diet, but once my mum & I stopped eating carbs after 3pm for a couple months and it really showed! You should have carbs for breakfast to give you energy for the day, then a little less at lunch, and then only carbs from vegetables for dinner.

Don't worry about going over your protein on here, some of the goals there are actually our minimum amount for the day, so don't let the big angry red numbers alarm you! Protein is essential for fat burning and repairing your muscles after exercise!
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    The protein counts here are too low. You can adjust you goal settings to what you want, and depending on what amount of carbs you want is how you'll need to set it. If you want just a gradual step down, you could set your carbs to 35%, or you could set it lower at 15 or 20. I personally set my percentages at 20% carb, 45% protein and 35% fat. All my carbs from from fruit and veggies, no grains
  • gamrgirl
    gamrgirl Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guys! I didn't realize i had to come out here to view replys. I thought it would send a notification so I didn't know these were out here!:) I'm going to try 20/40/35 and see if I can make some progress...was not making it the other way and was hungry all the time!!:(