Has anyone tried Zumba for the Wii or Playstation?

Options
Amandat_78
Amandat_78 Posts: 20 Member
Hi! Just wondering if anyone has Zumba for the Wii or Playstation? I've been thinking about getting it. If anyone has done it that way, do you like it? Do you think it works as well as going to the Y or a studio? Thanks!!! :o)

Replies

• Lyndasuekay
    Options
    Yes but I like the disc you buy better it shows you the moves the speeds up so you can join the pace
  • tfunkwurzer
    tfunkwurzer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have Wii and I like it. For me it's like any other home fitness thing I do it for a while and then forget about it. When I have a class scheduled I feel more accountable to go and when I'm in the presence of others I'm not going to not allow myself to slack off.
  • Amandat_78
    Options
    Hmmmm.... maybe I should go that route. I've had it in my head that I was going get it for the Wii or PSIII, but I never really thought about just doing the DVDs.... Thanks for the imput!!! :o)
  • fitpilatesqueen
    Options
    I´m about to try mine, I hope it is good. But I have heard people say lately that the video is better, faster. I´m going to see what the zumba wii does for me.
  • Amandat_78
    Options
    That is so true! I do so much better when I'm help accountable! I have a 2 year old son, and a crazy work schedule so I was looking for something I could do at home. I've done Insanity, and LOOOOVED it, but I need to mix it up with something else. Thanks so much!!!
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have zumba 2 for the Wii. I love it, as I can't afford to always go to a class. It's a good workout, but I find its a lot easier than an actual class.
  • Amandat_78
    Options
    Good luck!!! I am so excited to try it! I've been wanting to do it for a while now. :o)
  • Amandat_78
    Options
    Thank you! Yeah...beside the schedule issue, I have really can't afford it either. :( I'm so glad to hear that you like it!!! I think I am going to do it!
  • sgwhit
    sgwhit Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    what zumba dvd would you recommend for a very overweight
    beginner??
  • Alicemarieed
    Alicemarieed Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've tried it .like it but I get out of breath easily.maybe when I've lost a few pounds I might try it again
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    I'm starting the Zumba Wii today, so we shall see how it goes. Hopefully my kids won't feel the need to sit and watch me do this as they do all the other Wii games...I'm sure I'm a good source of entertainment for them..lol. If anyone else is doing the Wii Zumba, feel free to add me. Would love to hear other people's ideas and suggestions on it.
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    i love the zumba on the wii !!it helped me get motivated with exercise as i get bored and find exercise or should i say found exercise a chore but its so much fun and you lose calories at the same time once you learn the moves lol!!!
  • ambisweet
    ambisweet Posts: 25
    Options
    I haven't tried either of them, honestly.
    But I have tried The Biggest Loser for the xbox kinect, and it was absolutely great!
    Of course, it could have just been great for me because I got to stare at Bob throughout the workouts, haha.
    I do recommend it though, I would be working out to it right now but my poor xbox died!
    Sad day!
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have never used Zumba personally, but I did use the older console games Dance Dance Revolution years ago and can honestly say it was one of the best and most enjoyable ways to workout. I hated going to the gym and being intimidated by all the super-fit people there and and at the time I didn't own any home exercise equipment. So I used what I had - DDR.

I was able to go from a size 16 to a 10 (I think I lost like 55 lbs.) in little less than a year and maintained that for almost two years. Of course, had I continued, I probably wouldn't be on this site now (but that's a long story).

The weight loss wasn't noticable for a few months, and I was a little worried when I started to put on weight (I'm pretty sure that was the start of muscle building) but when the weight started to come off - wow, was I motivated to keep going. If Zumba is anything similar - I'd do it.

Since I started using this site again, I've dusted off my old PS2 and XBOX consoles and begun a daily DDR routine set for either 30 mins or 500 calories. I've been working out off and on since January 2012, but really picked up in the last 3 months. Now, I'm definitely starting to feel increased energy and already gone from a size 16 to 14 and even some clothes - size 12.

Use the site to watch what you eat and Dance yourself to your ideal weight. It's fun and it really works. :happy:
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba and I must admit that it is a bit boring and repetitive; not sure it was worth the £30. I tend to use the Just Dance Wii games much more as they are so much more fun. They have a Just Sweat option whereby the music just keeps changing automatically so you don't have to keep stopping. Personally I would recommend that Just Dance much more.
  • b1505
    b1505 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've tried it on the kinect and i loved it!
  • NickNicks85
    Options
    I have it on the wii and it really like it. The only problem is it can get a bit repetitive.
  • wildwhisper96
    wildwhisper96 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    SOOOOO I've done a studio class of zumba AND the game for xbox.

Personally both give me a good 45-60 min work out BUT the studio is much more intense. There are others around you pushing you to do better, and keep pushing, but honestly Zumba is all about what YOU put into it(:
  • sandwichcat
    Options
    I've got it for the kinect xbox 360

I find it so hard to follow!!!! .... but maybe i'm just really uncoordinated.
    I much prefer dance central games.. it's so much fun! you can listen to some of your favorite songs and get a great work out with some laughs! it even has a fitness section to the game and regularly tracks how many calories you've burned! :D
  • 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba on the Wii and love it! I like that I can pick a "class" based on the time I have. But I also like it on the kinect, my daughter has that. Like others have said, I do mix it up with the others, like just dance too. I love variety!